Staying In Poway

Jun 20th, 1999, 06:56 AM
Rick

Staying In Poway

We are visiting our son in August who is just moving to Poway. We need a hotel/condo to stay in for 7-8 nights. We also want to visit the area. Most of the beach facilities are booked. Recommendations for Moderate price range?
We have tentatviely booked at the doubletree Golf adn Tennis Resort Carmel Highland

Jun 20th, 1999, 11:20 AM
Arwen

There's La Quinta Rancho Penasquitos closeby but not upscale as the Doubltree Golf and Tennis Resort. I believe their rate is in the $65-85 range. 619-484-8800

There's also the Poway Country Inn. I believe their rate is $45-58. Their number is 800-648-6320. This hotel is further inland than La Quinta since it's in Poway.

Never stayed at either one so I can't tell you what the rooms are like.

Jun 20th, 1999, 04:32 PM
arwen

Arwen Thank you for your response to this and the beach info. If I wanted to stay at something close to Poway but still make a vacation out of it where would you suggest?
Is staying in LaJolla too far to visit son daily? Thanks

Jun 20th, 1999, 04:36 PM
Rick

Arwen
If I wanted to stay a place that I could have a nice vacation and yet visit my son in Poway where would you recommend. We've never been to San Diego or that part of California so we will want to be central enough to take in the sights, beach etc... Thanks Rick

Jun 21st, 1999, 03:06 PM
Arwen

The Doubletree Golf and Tennis Resort sounds like a good choice. It's very close to Poway so it will be very convenient for you to visit your son everyday. The beaches should only be 30 minutes away and the same goes for the zoo, Balboa Park, and The Wild Animal Park from your hotel. (Just try to avoid rush hour.)