Best Hotel or Motel on Chincoteague, VA

Jun 3rd, 1999, 10:33 AM
Jackie

Best Hotel or Motel on Chincoteague, VA

Can anybody reccomend a good hotel or motel on Chincoteague Island. We cant stay in a B&B because we will only be there one night.

Jun 4th, 1999, 05:58 PM
Diane

Our fav is the Seashell, the Willows, or the Birchwood. We like staying in town rather than on Beach Drive. I think there's a website for www.chincoteague.com. The Verandas on Beach Drive, by the way, has wonderful food, as does the Beachway. For dessert, you have to stop at the Island Creamery for the best homemade ice cream. They use whatever fresh fruit is in season for their specials, and oh, my, is it good.

Jun 5th, 1999, 06:03 AM
mark

Chinoteague has the strangest hotels. They are all independant operators without chains. I tried to stay there recently and went to several of the nicer hotels around 8:30pm and asked if they had rooms and if they had any discounts. Boy, the responces I got left me thinking I had asked them for a kidney or something. Even though they were empty, they made it very clear that they do not offer any discounts. They all let me walk out the door rather then give me even a 10% discount. Their rooms sat empty, but they protected their rates (dumb move..)

Jun 5th, 1999, 09:23 AM
Diane

Gee, the three above all give AAA and AARP discounts. No, they don't have government or corporate "discounts" like you find at chains. They also don't post a "rack rate" that is twice the price that any sane person would pay. You have to consider that the rates in Chincoteague are about $100 per night LESS than you will pay in Ocean City, MD. (And you won't find discounts in OC after May 30 either.)These folks are not big businesses. They set a fair price. They only have so many months of the year when business is "booming." The B&Bs in town go for even higher rates, but are comparable to B&B prices just about anywhere around the East coast, and provide a higher level of amenities. Chincoteague is really a very simple, small town.

Jun 21st, 1999, 04:23 PM
pat disharoon

there is a comfort inn in chincoteague
that is very new. right next door is
a hotel that i believe the name is the
islander. they are on the bayside in
chincoteague. the channel bass inn

Jun 21st, 1999, 04:23 PM
pat disharoon

there is a comfort inn in chincoteague
that is very new. right next door is
a hotel that i believe the name is the