Staying in Gresham and need....

Old Apr 7th, 2014, 06:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Staying in Gresham and need....

to find a high quality women's beauty stylist/salon. I am going to be in the area for a wedding and don't have time to go into downtown Portland and get back fro the wedding without it being too much of a rush.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a wonderful stylist In Gresham or maybe Troutdale to blow dry and flat iron curl a mother of the groom's very thick and curly hair? Its a bit nerve wracking to go to a strange city, have a stylist I've never met before do my hair for son's wedding. I called Ruby's Spa at McManamins but they are booked up that day. Any referrals give me something to go by at least; I just can't see randomly making an appointment somewhere. Thanks!
Old Apr 7th, 2014, 08:17 PM

Try yelp.
Old Apr 7th, 2014, 08:30 PM

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
Yelp or Angie's List.
Old Apr 7th, 2014, 09:17 PM

Yelp is free; you must have paid membership in Angie's list - also, membership is per city so having one at home won't help for other cities. And remember, you get what you pay for in regards to yelp advice ( see if poster is 20 or 60) will make a difference in the value of their input. Can you ask the bride where's she's getting her hair done or a local attendee for suggestions?
Old Apr 8th, 2014, 02:31 AM
Original Poster

I have already spent much time on yelp, called the hotel I am staying at and called the chamber of commerce, I really can't tell one from the other even after reading reviews. Reading about nail services at salons doesn't help me with what I am looking for. Many of the yelp salons don't have websites. The bride's family lives on the other side of Portland and doesn't know about the Gresham area. Fodors was a last resort, hoping somebody may be from Gresham and have some good advise.