Reload this Page >

Stayed at Doubletree in Honolulu?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10th, 2001, 04:27 PM
Jim

Anyone stayed at the Doubletree Hotel in Honolulu? If so, your impressions. Thanks.

Old Sep 10th, 2001, 05:43 PM
C

We stayed there this past May. It is not a luxury hotel but the accomodations is fine. We booked ocean view and were upgraded to a suite. Two bottles of water were in the room. A safe is available, I think for a fee.
The staff was very nice. There is no self-parking, you must go through valet. They were very efficient.
We checked out and went hiking. They let us come back for a shower and did not charge us again for parking that day during the shower.
The pool is adequate. This hotel does not have lavish landscaping. It is just a high rise, but very adequate and has reasonable rate. It is about 7 blocks from International Market, across the street from Hilton and withing walking distance (5 blocks) to Ala Moana mall, 2 blocks from Todai,and other restaurants.
C

Old Sep 13th, 2001, 11:49 AM
Jim

To the Top.

Old Sep 13th, 2001, 03:13 PM
Lynn

I've probably stayed there 50 times - I travel to Honolulu a lot for business. I really love the location of the hotel - close to Waikiki, yet not right in the thick of things. The staff is very nice, helpful and friendly. The hotel is not totally touristy - more business focused. When I stayed there, I usually had my laptop, and liked the fact that there are three phones (one by the bed, one on the desk and one in the bathroom) available to use. The rooms are not tiny, with nice bathrooms, a safe, refridgerator, etc. I like the pool area and workout facilities.

I've stayed at hotels in Waikiki a number of times, but always go back to the Doubletree.

Old Sep 14th, 2001, 08:12 AM
Jim

Thanks Lynn for your response. I've been to Hawaii several times, but this time it's business, and your description of the Doubletree is exactly what I'm looking for.

Old Sep 14th, 2001, 11:15 AM
Lynn

You are welcome. Make sure when you make a reservation to let them know that you want a room with one bed (assuming that is what you want!). The rooms with one bed seem roomier and have a couch and coffee table, as well as a desk. The ones with two beds have the desk but no coach.

Personally, I've never cared whether or not I had an ocean view or now. The rooms that face the mountains are just as nice and face a huge Wyland mural.