Reload this Page >

Staten Island Ferry At Night

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 08:02 AM
Marla

We would like to view the Tribute of Light by taking a ride on the Staten Island Ferry at or after dark. Would it be safe to subway down from Columbus Circle in the 7:00 - 9:00 pm timeframe and do this? Remember we're just naive inexperienced tourists!

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 08:17 AM
good

Another naive inexperienced tourist here! To add to Marla's question, can you get good views of the Statue of Liberty at night if we did this too?

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 09:37 AM
Michelle

Yes, you will have very beautiful views from the SI ferry at night and, yes, it is most certainly safe to subway it down in the evening. Take the N or the R to Whitehall Street and walk south from there (NYers, correct me if I'm wrong). This link should prove useful for you

http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/nyct/maps/submap.htm

While at the MTA site, take a look at the detailed downtown map (in Adobe format), print it out and take it with you in case you get confused once downtown.

Thanks for visiting and enjoy your trip.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 06:27 PM
Postal

Tonight I viewed the lights from the Staten Island ferry. It didn't rain today but was still very cloudy so the lights were not as bright as I expected. However, the ferry was a great way to see them and I think you should feel perfectly safe going to see them from the ferry. Yes, you see the Statue of Liberty also.