Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Florida condo on golf course and ocean???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 07:31 PM
Quincy

Hi! Can anyone recommend a condo development or resort/hotel that is on both the ocean and a golf course in southeast Florida???

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 04:43 AM
spencer

Try Key Biscayne; Crandon is the best course around. Resort and/or condos right there. Other than that there's Fisher Island.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 05:46 AM
Quincy

Thx, Spencer. I am looking for Fisher Island on a map...How long does it take to drive there from Ft. Lauderdale airport? Can you rec. condo there?

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 06:01 AM
zzz

you can also do a "google" search and get the e-mails of the Chamber of Commerce of towns you are looking at and they can send you information.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 07:35 AM
spencer

It's roughly a 20 minute ride with no traffic from Ft. Lauderdale airport to Fisher Island or Key Biscayne. Unless your name is Quincy Jones, I don't think Fisher Island is what you are looking for. That's where all the stars and billionaires live. Key Biscayne is quite nice and is probably your best bet, but I can't remember the names of the condos there. There is a Ritz Carlton at Key Biscayne and some very nice condos too. By the way, the Crandon course is where they play the Seniors' Royal Caribbean Classic.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 05:33 PM
spencer

Forgot to mention the new Westin Diplomat in Hollywood. On the ocean and golf course is real close by.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 06:46 PM
jersey

Couple places on Longboat key in Sarasota. The Colony is really nice & there are a couple else I can't remember. Try pulling Sarasota up off Goggle or Yahoo
The area is on the Gulf rather than the ocean, but it's gorgeous & might be just what you want-Great sunsets from the course or beach