Search

St. Louis

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Louis

I posted this on the Missouri forum, so I'll post this here too.

Hi!
My sister-in-law and I are taking 5 kids, ages 3 - 13, to St. Louis next week during a weekday. I got rooms off priceline for the Sheraton Clayton Plaza. If you've stayed there, let me know how it was. We are especially interested in the pool.

I was reading about the rootbeer place, Fritz's, nearby. Is that worth taking the kids too? Are there any places like Chuck E. Cheese, other than Chuck E. Cheese, in St. Louis that are not horribly expensive? We are thinking of going to Hard Rock, but not sure how expensive that is either.

Obviously, we'll go to the zoo and science center. I'm possibly looking at going to Union Station or St. Louis Mills. Any suggestions for inexpensive entertainment would be great! Thanks!

Also, the Sheraton Clayton Plaza has some $9 parking fee. Is there free parking near there?
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 12:08 PM
yk

moosegirl7-

There's no specific "Missouri" forum. Everything you post shows up on the "US" forum.

If you can't find your other post, just click on your own name. Here's the link to your other post (and with several replies):
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...1&tid=34776427
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 03:54 PM

The Sheraton Clayton Plaza is nice - I think you'll like it. I think the pool is nice - can't remember specifics. Can't say about the parking - I know there is street parking around there but most is metered.
Fitz's is fun, and it's reasonably priced. We like the BBQ pizza there.
Definitely do the zoo and science center - they are both awesome. Another great place is the Magic House in Kirkwood - it's a children's museum that is very interactive - tons of fun! (www.magichouse.com)
Another great (and often overlooked) place is the City Museum. Check out the website for details - it is a must see. (www.citymuseum.org)
I would pass on Hard Rock, unless you are just dying to check it out. Nothing too great...and the food is a bit pricey.
Enjoy St. Louis!!
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 03:56 PM

Take them to Ted Drewes for frozen custard!
Old Mar 26th, 2006, 02:18 PM

I just got back today from a 2 day stay at the Sheraton Clayton Plaza. The pool's on the 5th floor, but I didn't check it out. Its very central to the city and the suburbs and was a great Priceline deal. There is street parking right out front, but its metered. The lot was $9.00, but lighted and secure.