Reload this Page >

St. Augustine, FL Dining & Attractions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15th, 2003, 04:08 AM
martikus

My husband and I are headed to St. Augustine, FL this weekend. Need some ideas of casual places to dine while there. We like simple food, salads, burgers, etc. Any good suggestions? Maybe places the locals hang out.

Also, are there any attractions you would not recommend, ones you felt were overpriced? We are thinking of a ghost tour, touring the old village, etc.

Your input is appreciated!

Old Sep 15th, 2003, 04:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do a search. This was just discussed recently at length. I'll do it for you - stay tuned.
Old Sep 15th, 2003, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A great starting place for your trip to St. Augustine is at the vistors center. It's located right across the street from the fort. They are a wealth of information and can help you with tours, etc.
One little casual place to eat that I like is in the Spanish Quarter. This is an area with shops, etc. There's a little place in there that serves burgers, etc. You can't miss it--look for the picnic tables outside. Very good casual food.
A great way to start also in St.Augustine is with the trolley ride. This will give you a wonderful overview of the city and some great stories to go with it. One hint: some of the trolley rides are cheaper, but go with the trolley ride that is right outside of the visitors center. They are the best. They also have on-and-off privilages so you can stop, sightsee in an area, and then re-board and continue the tour. The tickets for these rides are sold in the visitors center. Have a wonderful time.
Old Sep 18th, 2003, 11:11 PM
bluestructure

drive over the bridge of lions toward the lighthouse on the left will be the conch house. Conch burgers are great, ever had conch before? hrmm, id do the lighthouse and tour the fort. i did the ghost tour once (on halloween). it was okay, not really scary, just learn some interesting facts at different locations. The lightner musuem is really nice as well and if u like wacky stuff, ripleys is near the fort and across from vistors center/parking area. have fun.....theres also quite a few places to eat along st george street....historic street for walkers only with shops, etc....again its near fort/visitors center.

Old Sep 18th, 2003, 11:13 PM
bluestructure

www.oldcity.com