Spots near Sea Pines Hilton Head?

Jun 1st, 2007, 04:22 AM
Original Poster

Spots near Sea Pines Hilton Head?

Looking for some fun and good restaurants and/or bars in or near Sea Pines. Going there on a "girls" weekend next weekend and one in the party doesn't like to play in traffic too much. (fyi we're in our 30's & 40's)

We're there 6/7-10. Any other recommendations are welcome!
Thanks!
Jun 1st, 2007, 05:27 AM
DRJ

From an islander:

There's always the Quarterdeck in Harbortown, but the main commercial part of the island is just outside Sea Pines Greenwood gate.

On New Orleans Road is a favorite of mine: Michael Anthony's, an upscale Italian restaurant.

In the Village at Wexford is Spice, an Indian restaurant the likes of which won't be found this side of Manhattan.

There's more and I wouldn't limit myself to Sea Pines.
Jun 1st, 2007, 06:41 AM

Next to Harbortown in Sea Pines is CQ's. Very good food and atmosphere. Appropriately priced for the quality.

In Sea Pines Center is Truffles. Reliable and reasonable.

At Southbeach, the restaurants are middle of the road touristy, but the deck overlooking the lagoon is a nice setting and often has entertainment at night.

If you are a foodie and up for a trek, on the other side of the island is Sunset Grille. One of the best cuisine destinations on the island. Very small and pleasant setting. Reservations are a must.

Just outside the Sea Pines traffic circle is Alligators in the strip center just S of the gate. Very good and have great early specials. Marley's in the same center has really good carribean style with a fun atmosphere.

You will have a great time and can't make a bad choice.
Jun 1st, 2007, 07:11 AM

In addition try the Red Fish, Charley's Crab ( it is a drive by but very good, Old Fort Pub and the Brick Oven. If you do not mind eating early and want to save money try the Early Bird Specials, as some are real deals! We are early risers and often eat dinner early as we are tired after being in the ocean/ pool all day. Plus it means not having to wait in line for most places do not take resevations. We are 20 plus year visitors and have tired of waiting to eat due to long endless summertime lines. ENJOY
Jun 3rd, 2007, 06:29 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the great suggestions! I have just learned that one woman in our party is being flown down by her husband on Friday eve. This means that we will leaving the resort at least one evening, ie be near Mid-Island are there any particular places near there? Also any rain day activities suggested as I think it's forecasted for at least one of our days.
Thank you!
Jun 3rd, 2007, 03:05 PM

I'd recommend The Jazz Corner which is a bit north of Sea Pines, but not far from the airport. Although located near the back of a small strip mall, this popular restaurant has great menu offerings and features live entertainment nightly. Check out the website for more info... http://thejazzcorner.com/

For a rainy day, you can always do a SPA or shop til your drop as Hilton Head has many shopping opportunities.
Jun 28th, 2007, 04:57 PM

We are considering staying at The Spicebush
Resort at Sea Pines. Does anyone have any information on this resort?
Jun 28th, 2007, 06:36 PM

Spicebush is a Marriott property that is a long walk to the beach. You are 10 minutes from South Beach, Sea Pines Center or Harbor Town. So, Quarter Deck, CQ's, and Truffles are all possible inside Sea Pines restaurants. The Salty Dog's outdoor cafe at South Beach will have live music every night, and OK food. When you go outside Sea Pines the advise you have is solid: Marley's, Alligator and Jazz Corner are good destinations.