Spirit Airlines CEO hints at merger with Frontier Ahead

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2015, 01:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good news for those that like a good deal when flying. Looks like Spirit Airlines and Frontier may merge, giving many more options to travellers when it comes to cheap flights within the USA and from the US to Caribbean and Central America

http://goo.gl/7dbYiF
Old May 16th, 2015, 03:25 PM

Currently these two are considered by many to be the worst two airlines in the United States. While the cheapest, baggage fees and poor customer service tend to make people analyze differently when putting pen to paper for flights involving bags and non online check in
Old May 16th, 2015, 06:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Interesting development but for now I'll stick with JetBlue
Old May 16th, 2015, 07:53 PM

When the dreadful and the hideous marry, what else can their children be like?
Old May 17th, 2015, 07:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Their sole goal is to make the other airlines look decent and we're falling for it.
Old May 18th, 2015, 07:47 AM

Never had a problem with Frontier - decent seats, handled the luggage as well or as poorly as anyone else, decent amenities for those in steerage.

Spirit is a whole different animal.
Old May 18th, 2015, 08:37 AM

We were so excited a couple years ago when Frontier started flying nonstop Trenton, NJ to Ft. Myers. We did that quite a few times -- often as low as $39 each way. But since then, their prices go up and up. They constantly send emails touting incredible fares, but invariably when I enter the two cities (even when they are among the sale routes) there are absolutely NO flights anywhere near that. Just a couple weeks ago they said $29 each way between Trenton and Ft. Myers. Literally, I checked the entire two month period -- every single flight between the two, and the LOWEST round trip fare was a little over $225. Add in reserving just a standard seat and one carry on only (no checked bags) and the price suddenly becomes almost $300 -- and at rather inconvenient times with little choice. So I checked US Air from Philly, and can get even cheaper and far better non stops with better selection of times, and no extra charges.

I have no idea what they are advertising non existent fares for -- does that really work for them? Meanwhile we have gotten two free flights. One because they stranded us without warning (even though they knew hours ahead they had no planes in Trenton) for a trip and no more flights for three days. And another free flight because they left us stranded in Chicago for something like 8 hours, arriving back in the middle of the night.