Reload this Page >

Special place for last night dinners in Kauai and Big Isalnd

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 05:11 PM
Judy

We are spending a week on each Island and would like to find a special romantic restaurant perferbably with a view on each of these Islands. Can you help. Thanks

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 06:50 PM
rrr

Where are you staying? - if at budget hotels then a fancy hotel dinner might be the ticket.

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 09:43 PM
brenda

On Kauai, I would vote for the Beach House in Poipu. It has the best atmosphere and is closet to the water of any restaurant on the South shore. The food is respectable and you cannot beat this location for ocean front dining your last night. The sunsets from the restaurant are outstanding. You don't get to see the sun set like this on the North shore. If you make reservations, ask for the sunset seating. It is pretty popular so reservations are advised or you may not get in until after dark and then will miss the sunset experience. Have fun. I am off to Kauai myself in 5 days and I can't wait. It is my yearly trip and I love Kauai. My favorite island.

Old Feb 3rd, 2002, 01:33 PM
topper

ttt

Old Feb 3rd, 2002, 02:26 PM
Kathy

I love The Canoe House on The Big Island which is on the Mauna Lani property. It's built right on the beach. You listen to the waves while eating. Flaming torches surround you in the dark. There is a Roy's Restaurant on this island. Roy's is always good....albeit a very noisy experience. For upscale, try The Grill Room at The Orchid. We ate at a fabulous restaurant in Waimea whose name, unfortunately, I cannot remember. The chef cooks with ingredients that are all completely local, grown in organic gardens, exquisite seafood, etc. etc. Best eating experience we had there! I'm sure you could locate it.

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 09:21 AM
michelle

Judy,
We stayed on the BI for 10 days and if I had to pick 1 great romantic restuarant, I couldn't. My top two picks hands down are the Canoe House and the Four Seasons. Both are pricey but the food and the view are worth ever penny! Don't miss out on this kind of opportunity!
Enjoy!

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 09:25 AM
Suzie

We had a fabulous meal at the Beach House on Kauai when we went in Sept. Great ocean view, great table, great service and terrific food. I know it gets some uneven recommendations but our experience could not have been better. We were sorry it was our last night as we would have liked to dine there again. Ahhhhh maybe next time!

Have a lovely time.

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 09:37 AM
loveskauai

I highly recommed the view and drinks at the Bali Hai Restaurant at the Hanalai Bay Resort. The food is so-so but what a view! It's where we always go on our last night.

As for the Big Island, I would say the Four Seasons. Can't get better than that!

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 10:30 AM
rick

On our last night on the Big Island, we had a wonderful romantic dinner at Brown's Beach House at the Orchid at Mauna Lani. The atmosphere was perfect.... torches, the sound of surf, and a hula dancer. Pricey, but very memorable.

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 08:32 PM
Eric

Another vote for the Beach House. Go at sunset, very romantic to walk near the beach then a wonderful dinner. I would save this for the last night as most of the other places couldn' hold a candle to it!

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 09:53 AM
kal

Hard to argue with the Beach House on Kauai.

But, what about a "pinic dinner" out on Polihale while watching the sunset over Niihau?

Works for us!
Kal