Search

Special Occasion: Limo Night Tour of D.C. Monuments

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26th, 2006, 04:08 PM
emd
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Special Occasion: Limo Night Tour of D.C. Monuments

I live about 10 miles outside of D.C. but have never done this. It is our 20th wedding anniversary and my mother in law and father in law (who are in their early-mid 80s and do not travel much any more) are coming to D.C. from Cape Cod to celebrate with us in early Nov. The four of us plus my teen daughter and son are going out to dinner. I think we are going to Butterfield 9. We need a good place for vegetarian daughter; I thought of Galileo but it is CLOSED! I have the folks at Chowhound helping us w/the dinner, but I need help w/the limo.

We want to hire a limo for the evening so we can drink some wine and then after dinner do a night tour of the monuments in style.

Has anyone ever hired a limo for a night tour of the monuments, and if so please help. Who did you hire and how did it go? We'd like to be able to get out and take some pics at the Lincoln Memorial, etc. I really want good service and no regrets on this one.

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 27th, 2006, 05:43 AM
emd
Original Poster

ttt
Old Oct 27th, 2006, 10:12 AM
emd
Original Poster

to the top
Old Oct 28th, 2006, 02:48 AM
emd
Original Poster

ttt

Old Oct 28th, 2006, 07:03 AM

Hi EMD! I haven't been here in forever, but am happy to find this thread and top it for you. (and to say Hi! ) Sounds like a wonderful evening for all of you, and congrats on 20 yrs!

As an aside, we took my FIL to DC in august to see the WWII memorial. Through my research (much of it here) i knew it would be difficult to get very close to the monuments so we did the "Twilight Tourmobile" (i think thats what itscalled). While i'm not at all suggesting you do that, we learned that access to the monuments IS indeed difficult, even for the organized tours. I recall seeing a few limos and thinking what a great way to explore DC.

Having said that, on saturday morning, we ventured back to the WWII monument for a view in the daylight. Call it divine or whatever, but we DID find one of the 6-8 (?) handicapped parking places and were able to walk to the monument - still a bit of a walk from that tiny parking lot, however.

Ok, well this may be way more than you wanted or needed LOL, but at least it will top your thread and hopefully the experts will chime in ~ BARDO, are you there?

(and yes, i am working on our report of our 10th trip out west but don't wanna post it in pieces parts as i did the last few) So when is your next trip to the land of our fave red rocks? I'm still soo going thru withdrawal, especially when writing our report!
Old Oct 29th, 2006, 06:51 AM
emd
Original Poster

Hi Ellen! I am headed to Utah in Dec. to Red Mountain for a week w/my close friend, also named Ellen.

ttt again.

Has anyone done a limo tour of the monuments????

#39;( :-\