Search

Spamalot - Are These Good Seats?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 09:55 AM
JM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spamalot - Are These Good Seats?

I have an opportunity to purchase tickets to Spamalot located in the right Box, row D, at the Shubert Theater in New York.

Does anyone know if we will have a good, unobstructed view?
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 10:54 AM

I heard that just getting tickests was impossible--why on earth quibble?
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 11:07 AM

I would go online and check.....wish I could remember what our obstructed seats were......but if they are Row D in the Orchestra......well you have plenty to quibble about.

I went to the theatre months ago on a oneshot deal. Stood in line and was offered obstructed view, which I figured was better than nothing. Mind you,most venues offer discounted same day sales of obstructed view.......not here! Full price and, although we loved the show, I missed a huge portion of it in my house left row 5 all the way left seat, while litterally crawling on mrlou to see what was happening during the whole opening and a 3rd of the show. I loved the show, but being charged full price for those seats is disgraceful in my eyes. Just another sign that the new producers don't know jack about the theatre and keeping the seats filled in the long run. Hope you get to see the show!
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 11:48 AM

The boxes appear to be toward the front of the orchestra, way off to the side. It is probably a slighly obstructed view. You may not be able to see activity on the far side of the stage near where you are sitting.

I've sat in boxes before, and it was ok, not great, but acceptable, and given that Spamalot is such a tough ticket, and assuming your really want to see it, I'd take them.
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 01:19 PM
Dan

I've never really had an issue with "partial view" seats. They're usually cheaper and the view isn't obstructed much at all and in some cases (Lion King) the "pipe" that we were told would be in our line-of-sight was about 1/4 inch around and well to the side of the stage.
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 01:28 PM

HI--you can check for yourself here, hope this helps....

http://www.citidex.com/seat/
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 04:15 PM

You will not be able to see part of the stage on your side of the theater. Obviously, the seats are not great and certainly can't compete with center seats.
However, as a previous poster said, hell, be happy you can get any tickets to Spamalot right now!