Spa/massage in Lexington KY?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 01:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My brother and sister-in-law just moved to Lexington this summer, and after moving, birthing a child and caring for a newborn, all she wants for Christmas is a massage! Being new to the area, she hasn't visited any of the spas, so I have no idea where would be good to order a gift certificate from. Any recommendations? Doesn't need to be a super fancy place, just somewhere for a relaxing massage in a nice environment. Thanks for any suggestions!
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 07:29 AM
Original Poster

Topping - any Lexingtonians out there?
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 06:43 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I've been taking my sister to get "Fraxeled" at Bell Vie Medspa in the Hamburg shopping center.
http://www.belleviemedspa.com/
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 06:50 PM

Opps! Looks like they only do facial massage. YOu might try Planet Salon, Posh or the spa at the Marriot at Griffin Gate. Griffin Gate would be the nicest.
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Original Poster

Awesome! I hadn't found any of those except Griffin Gate with my Googling. I'll definitely check them out. Thanks so much for the suggestions - I hate just picking one out of the pile. (And now I'm incredibly curious about Fraxeling!)
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 09:30 PM

I've only been to Posh at Chinoe and it no longer seems to be there. The way businesses are going under these days, I would suggest to use any gift certificates promptly. I noticed the Crowne Plaza has a spa weekend and they are using Allure which is in the Beaumont Center area. What part of Lexington are they in?
http://www.aluresalonandspa.com/

I know several people that do massages, but they aren't at spas.
Old Dec 5th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Original Poster

They're around Masterson Station, so one place I'd looked at was Joli on Versailles Road. But Alure looks like a good possibility as well - still relatively close, and their prices look better than Joli. I'd love for her to be able to get the most she can with the gift certificate. And I don't think she'll have any trouble using it quickly!

If you have a massage therapist you really like, I think that would be great too. She usually has them done at spas, but I don't think she usually does the facials, etc., so a spa isn't a necessity.
Old Dec 6th, 2008, 04:34 AM

This one has been running quite a few tv ads lately. It would probably be convenient since it's downtown Lexington at Dudley Square.
http://www.themassagecenter.org/

Depending on what you want to spend, you could also get a dinner certificate at Dudley's.
http://www.dudleysrestaurant.com/

I can't imagine where Joli would be on Versailles Road. It's not a very nice area.
Old Dec 6th, 2008, 06:51 AM
Original Poster

That place looks great too. I'll check with my brother and see if he thinks she'd have a preference on location between that and Alure. Joli is at 2317 Versailles, which is a bit inside New Circle; I don't think I've been on that section of Versailles, so I had no idea about the area. Thanks SO much for all your help!
Old Jun 17th, 2010, 09:36 AM

THE BEST place to get a WONDERFUL massage is at VS Salon and Spa in Midway. It's right outside of Lexington; excellent restaurants, boutiques, very upscale little town. The people at VS Salon and Spa are so nice and professional. Plenty of parking. Ask for Brian or Tammy, they're the best. I love this place!