SouthWest Vacation/ROAD TRIP

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 12:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been narrowing down my vacation plans for Vetran's day weekend, and Tijuana/San Diego is definate. I don't know if I'm too ambitous but how does this trip sound:

Wed. 10: Afternoon flight from upstate NY to Las Vegas

Thurs. 11: Early drive from Vegas to San Diego via I-15. Day at leasure. Visit Border Field State Park (definate).

Fri. 12: Spend day in Tijuana and possibly Rosarito beach

Sat. 13: Drive from San Diego To Yuma, Ariz. day at leasure. Maybe Visit San Luis Rio Calorado.

Sun. 14: Drive from Yuma to Las Vegas via 95 to I-40 to 93. Maybe stop in Lake Havasu for lunch.

Is this too ambitous? I have been to vegas, and can cut this out. We just want an different adventure. I have also thought about flying into San Diego and making my way to Tucson and Nogales and then flying out from Tucson. Wow, I've written a lot. any information would be great help.

THANKS,
Matt
Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 02:23 PM

Matt: Why are you going to TJ? The place is a dump. Rosarito Beach may be OK that late in the year, but it will be iffy. Not much in Yuma, either or Havasu. Sounds like a pretty dismal trip.

Why not just fly down to Cabo and enjoy a nice beach vacation?
Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 02:58 PM

We made an overnight trip to Rosarito the last and only time we visited San Diego. What an awful place! The beach was nasty - covered with horse poop. Outside our resort were beggars. I locked myself in my room until the a.m. and then drove back to San Diego ASAP! I understand Baja gets pretty South of the Rosarito area. Anyway, my musician husband wrote a funny song about it called "I never want to go back to Rosarito". Next spring we are planning another trip to San Diego but will fly into San Francisco and make our way down the coast. Sorry to rain on your parade but found this such a disappointing experience just had to warn others. I always spend a lot of time researching my trips and feel obligated to pass on experiences both good and bad.
Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 04:09 PM

In my wildest dreams, I cannot imagine why you would want to fly from beautiful upscale NY, to LV, where you've already been and don't care if you go there or not, drive all the way to SD, so you can go to Tijuana and then over to Yuma. Of all the gorgeous locations and scenery in this country, you have picked the very last on the list...there is nothing in Tijuana or Yuma or the beach in Mexico that you could possibly want to see or things you could possibly want to do...is this a joke?
Old Aug 2nd, 2004, 07:14 PM

I live in San Diego and I don't go to TJ. Would skip it. As far as Yuma, we drove through there for years going to the Colorado River. Nothing there. Just way hot.
I love spending time in San Diego, lots of stuff to do and see. Why not spend all your time in San diego. More than enough to do in 4 days.