South Beach this weekend....

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2006, 08:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be in South Beach this weekend staying at the South Seas. Does anyone have any recs for lunch places while we are out and about shopping?

And if you had to take a cab to the American Airlines Arena for a concert how hard do you think it would be to get a cab afterwards?

Thanks!
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 11:55 AM
Original Poster

ttt

Anyone have a favorite place to eat lunch at in South Beach?
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Neopolitan

Anywhere that's air conditioned.

I'd consider looking into booking a taxi or private car to meet you after the concert. I can tell you that there are usually not nearly enough taxis for the people that want one, so it is up to you how long you want to wait or how aggressive you want to be to barge in to get a taxi.

Old Jul 20th, 2006, 12:03 PM
GoTravel

The News Cafe on Ocean Drive for people watching is fun. Van Dyke Cafe on Lincoln Road is also good for people watching.

The best place to be for lunch is at a fabulous pool bar like The Delano or The Shore Club for people watching.

The beach area at The Setai would also be over the top.

South Beach isn't so much a 'lunch' type place as everyone is usually on the beach or at a pool.

During the day, it is all about keeping cool and hanging out by a pool or on the beach.

Keep in mind a lot of the stores do not open until after noon so you may be better off shopping after 5PM.

Old Jul 20th, 2006, 12:38 PM

Ditto News Cafe. It's one of the few lunches in SoBe that won't give you sticker shock, and pretty good. Plus, it's a great spot for people-watching!
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 12:48 PM
Original Poster

Thanks guys! I did not know that the stores didnt open until later. Thanks for the heads up GoT.

I envision a huge fiasco trying to get a taxi after the concert along with who knows how many other people.

Neo- forgive me for being naive on the taxi thing, but I didnt realize I could book a taxi to pick me up after the show? I figure the place will be full of taxi's and didnt know how I could spot mine per say.

Never thought about a private car.

Thanks to you both for the advice. I am excited to leave Fort Myers and head to South Beach for Madonna!