Sony VAIO W Netbook?

Oct 14th, 2009, 04:41 AM
Original Poster

Sony VAIO W Netbook?

I want to get a netbook for my work and would like to surf on the internet when I'm on public transports, but I don't know much about netbooks, I wonder if you guys could have any recommendations to me please? Which one should I choose? Sony? Samsung? Fujitsu? And where can I buy it for a good price?
Oct 14th, 2009, 06:02 AM

This belongs in the Lounge.
Oct 14th, 2009, 07:25 AM

"In the short period since their appearance, netbooks have grown in size and features, now converging with new smaller, lighter notebooks.[1] By mid 2009, CNET noted "the specs are so similar that the average shopper would likely be confused as to why one is better than the other,"[1] noting "the only conclusion is that there really is no distinction between the devices"

You do realize that Netbooks are not meant for work but just for surfing/e-mail/chat, right?
Oct 14th, 2009, 08:19 AM

Look at the Dell line of notebooks . . including their new NetBook.

Before buying one, I would go to a brick and mortor store and try it out. The negatives are that they are lower in processing power than notebooks and the Keyboard and screen are smaller and they have no internal CD/DVD drives. But, they are light and easy to travel with.
Oct 28th, 2009, 01:51 AM

Personally, I like Sony the most, go get it and compare the price here: http://shopping.yahoo.com/s:-Laptops...168-Brand=sony
Or, if you believe your luck, you can consider join the Lucky Draw competition and get the Sony W netbook here for totally FREE: www.dsstyles.com/
Oct 28th, 2009, 04:39 AM

Welcome to Fodor's, vitadellajan!

There are lots of opinions here http://tinyurl.com/b232nb but probably waaay too much information.

I have had an Acer Aspire One since April and just love it. As Rich suggests, go to a brick and mortar store and try several. Better yet, go to several stores and try several netbooks at each.

If you live in the U.S. and belong to Costco, they will extend the manufacturers warranty an extra year free. If you use an AMEX card, they will extend the warranty another two years free.
Nov 5th, 2009, 01:16 AM

I've just read a review from gizmodo.com and find a review on a very nice and elegant iPhone case there by dsstyles.com, they seem to have a xmas lucky draw promotion there too.

Search this Thread