Reload this Page >

Sonoma/Napa valley B'day trip

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 07:54 AM
Barb

I would like to know if anyone has ever heard of the Applewood Inn Hotel and Restaurant in Sonoma valley. I'm looking into taking my husband for his 50th B'day and I'm trying to find some place in this area. Someplace that is romantic and a lovely place to stay with great food that will make this a memorable trip. Any suggestions???? Also, anything we must see?? We've been to SanFrancisco, so we would like to try something out in the valley this time. Thanks

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 12:07 PM
barbara

Know people who stayed at the Applewood and hated it. The walls were thin and there was someone running a marathon who got up at 5AM staying above them. The inn keepers were of no help! The most wonderful (and expensive) place to stay in Sonoma is the Gaige House. You can't go wrong with it and it's many awards testify to that. Some very good places to eat within walking distance.

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 12:23 PM
Joann

My husband & I stayed at the Applewood in October and loved it! We stayed in a suite that had it's own patio and had no problem with noise. The food was incredible and the staff bent over backwards to make sure our stay was perfect. We actually thought about extending our stay but since it was our first trip to SF we decided against it. Would love to go back though. Also, don't miss Korbel!!

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 07:09 AM
xxx

Barb:
I haven't stayed at the Applewood Inn. We usually stay at Gaige House (and we always try to get the suite-it is very romantic). The breakfast there is nice. I would highly recommend it. For a very special occasion meal ($$$) try the French Laundry. You will need to call a month in advance for reservations. Happy B'day to your husband. The 50's crowd still rocks!

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 04:26 PM
kam

The French Laundry is over in the Napa Valley. I think the best place to stay in Sonoma is Madronna Manor in Healdsburg. Also recommend MacArthur Place in Sonoma town or Vintner's Inn in Santa Rosa. There is a new place, Hotel Healdsburg, on the main plaza in Healdsburg, a great little town. If you don't care to see SF, fly into Oakland if you can. Will save you hassles of the city.