Reload this Page >

Some great Boston Restaurants????

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 04:04 AM
Paul

We'll be in Boston in a few weeks. Looking for some of the Hottest restaurants...Seafood, American cuisine, maybe Italian.

We've been to Boston many a time, but haven't heard the latest on restaurants. I've read where some people are saying Skipjacks, but we've eaten there, not bad, but not that impressed.

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 12:00 PM
Liam

Paul:

What is your price range? I am assuming price is not really an object if you are looking for "hot."

I would suggest Radius, in the financial district near the corner of Arch and Federal streets.

In the South End, my favorite is Hammersly's Bistro (French).

For seafood, a fairly new, fairly hot place is Todd English's Kingfish Hall, which is in the Faneuil Hall area. Another seafood idea is Summer Shack which is out in the Alewife section of Cambridge.

A few ethnic places (I know, you didn't ask, but ...) I can recommend are Addis Red Sea (Ethiopian, in the South End), Lala Rokh (Persian, in Beacon Hill), and The Helmand (Afghan) in Cambridge. Actually, The Helmand is owned and operated by Hamid Karzai's sister. Another good place is Bombay Club (Indian) in Harvard Square.

Hope this helps. I cannot speak to the North End (I will defer to the expertise of oher Fodorites).

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 12:31 PM
charles

generally excellent list from Liam. I confess I've always been underwhelmed by skipjacks as well.

I'm a big fan of East Coast Grill, in Cambridge, and Masa, in the South End. Blu is quite hot now, but I haven't been yet. If you pick up a copy of the Boston Zagats most of the obvious suspects will be compiled into a list. WOrth the money if you like food, though not perfect.

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 12:37 PM
rey

Oleana is cambridge. East coast Grill. The Blue Room. All great

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 02:05 PM
Dick

Was at Summer Shack last week and really can't recommend it - which pains me somewhat as the old Jaspers was one of my favorites. Though I suppose it's been around long enough to no longer be trendy, Hamersley's Bistro remains the standard by which all other Boston restaurants must be judged, IMHO.

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 02:29 PM
Leslie

No. 9 Park owned by Barbara Lynch is very good. I think Radius is overrated, but its always popular. Check out www.phantomgourmet.com and you'll see where we are eating.

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 08:13 PM
sharona

Hi Paul. Hot Boston restaurants receiving very favorable press (I haven't been to any of these): Blu, Troquet and the "new" Locke-Ober under Lydia Shire. Wonderful restaurants I can vouch for: Radius, Clio and Mantra (wear your chicest clothes).

If you want to venture over to Cambridge the hot new restaurant is Oleana. The Blue Room in Kendall Square, while not new, is an excellent choice at very reasonable prices (try the tuna sashimi appetizer -- YUM).