SoBe hotels with pool

Search

SoBe hotels with pool

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16th, 2003, 03:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SoBe hotels with pool

I was wondering if there are many South beach hotels in a good location with a pool?

When I say good location I guess I am looking between about 5th and 18th Streets along one of the main north-south roads.

I have looked at quite a few of the art deco hotels in this area and they look great but they don't generally have a pool. I have also been rather shocked at some of the bad reviews these hotels have got, particularly on Tripadvisor.

We will be in Miami at the beginning of October and I don't expect that we will spend a great deal of time in the rooms so I suppose (as well as cleanliness etc) the next consideration would be price.

Thank you for your help.
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 10:03 AM
GoTravel

Around 17th, South Seas, Loews, Delano, and Surfcomber to name a few.

Old Aug 17th, 2003, 05:28 AM

We are going to Miami in December and staying for some of the time at the Holiday Inn South Beach. I booked it through priceline's uk site as they were giving free bonus money but it was the equivalent of $34 plus tax per night. It has a pool, free parking and access to the beach, although I think it is just outside the area you specified, being off 22nd. However, at that price, you may want to consider it!?
Old Aug 17th, 2003, 06:04 AM
Original Poster

Hi Louise, thanks for the information on your Priceline bid. What hotel star rating did you bid $34 for to get the Holiday Inn?
Old Aug 17th, 2003, 06:09 AM

I bid three star and was pretty sure I would get the Holiday Inn. You may already be aware, but if you check out biddingfortravel.com you will see what other hotels regularly come up and the prices that they go for. I was trying for a 4* but couldn't get one at the price I was prepared to pay, so decided to save money and go for a 3* instead! Personally, I think it is a bargain!
Old Aug 17th, 2003, 06:14 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Louise. I am sure there is a UK equivalent site to Bidding For Travel but I can't remember what it's called. You must have bid little over £20! That sounds like a brilliant deal.

I think I may give that a go because the free parking is an added bonus as well if it does come up with the Holiday Inn.
Old Aug 17th, 2003, 06:17 AM

Yes, there is cleverbidding.co.uk, however it is not so comprehensive at bidding for travel. I actually bid £12 plus £10 bonus money per night for a three night tuesday to thursday stay.
Old Aug 17th, 2003, 06:26 AM
Original Poster

Louise, I have just one more question. I have looked at CleverBidding and the £10 bonus money is mentioned in lots of the posts - what is this?
Old Aug 17th, 2003, 01:51 PM

Through using a sponsored link, £10 per night was automatically added to our bids, therefore in order to win my bid for the Holiday Inn, I personally only had to bid and pay for £12 per night as an additional £10 was added for me. Unfortunately, on the UK site there is now no bonus money. I believe there has recently been $10 bonus money available on the US site, but this may have finished now.

I hope I have explained this so it makes sense!
Old Aug 17th, 2003, 02:19 PM

Dave

I have just realised from reading another of your posts that you are from the UK and think you can't use priceline.com. You just need to make your UK address look like an American one by making up a zip code. I have a number of accounts with the US and UK versions, and use whichever one gives me either the best exchange rate at the time or bonus money! You need to use a different credit card number for each different account though, and delete the cookies before you log back in, but this then enables you to bid again if you have used all your free rebids.
Old Aug 17th, 2003, 02:28 PM
Original Poster

Louise

Thank you for the reply. This sounds just like the information I need.

When you say you make up a zip code, do you just put in our "post code" or literally just make a zip code up.

Perhaps we are going off topic here, so if you prefer please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks for your help.
Old Aug 18th, 2003, 07:39 AM

The main reason that a lot of those old Deco-era hotels don't have pools is that they are quite close to the OCEAN. I'll take the beach over a pool in South Beach ANY time.

Having said that, the National is an outstanding hotel with a lovely pool. In fact, most of the "majors" on Collins north of 16th street will have pools-- Crowne Plaza Royal Palm, Sagamore, Delano, National, etc.

The Holiday Inn is at the northern edge of South Beach and not a particularly plush hotel, nor does it scream "Miami Beach" in its feel. I always stay in a Deco hotel for that reason. I'd look at the National, myself, if you must have a pool.
Old Aug 18th, 2003, 08:36 AM

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza Royal Palm in March and were very happy. They have a nice bi-level pool area right next to the beach. The hotel is new so the lobby and rooms are very nicely decorated. And it's in a great location, right next to the Loews.

We found it to be less expensive than Loews, the Delano and others right in that same location. It is a great deal.
Old Aug 21st, 2003, 08:45 AM

Just back from 4 nights at The National. Their pool and pool area is the best, compared to the Delano, Sagamore, Shore Club. Did not see the Loews pool. The Raleigh has a great pool, but no balconies, which I also wanted.
Old Aug 21st, 2003, 08:47 AM

Another positive on the National. Stayed with wife last year. Pool is one of those where you say, "Oooh" when you see it for the first time. Linear with palm trees lining it. Ocean right behind.

very, very nice hotel.
Old Aug 21st, 2003, 08:55 AM

We stayed in Crowne Plaza Royal Palm last year and liked it a lot. The rooms are new and nicely appointed. Their lobby is not as glamorous as Lowes next door but the price of the room is about half of what you would pay at Lowes. The location is great (on 16th and Collins).