Reload this Page >

Snowmobling in Wyoming

Search

Snowmobling in Wyoming

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21st, 2001, 12:06 PM
Scott

Snowmobling in Wyoming

Can anyone recommend a ranch for 4 people to go on a snowmobile trip outsied the Jackson area? We are looking at the Goosewing Ranch. It has everything included.

Thanks

Old Nov 21st, 2001, 01:48 PM
Grasshopper

No specifics with regard to Wyoming however, one word of advice about snowmobile trips. They are great fun but be sure you get the optional insurance. My friend left $1000 on the table when she lost control of the snowmobile and ran into a tree.

Old Nov 23rd, 2001, 06:21 PM
Kay

Also, please dress well. The sister of a friend took her family snowmobiling there over Christmas a few years ago and despite wearing their layers and snowsuits, etc. one person suffered some frostbite because of the extremely low temps and wind. I was surprised the guide kept them out so long without a warm-up break in such severe winter. I'll ask where they went next time I see her.

Old Nov 25th, 2001, 08:58 AM
lucky

There is nothing wrong with the Goosewing Ranch. It has been there a long time. Although I have not snowmobiled there it is a nice place. In fact myself and some partners almost purchased it in the mid 80's ..wish now we had.
Also, Cowboy Village @ Towgotee Pass which is outside of Jackson..hang a right as I recall at the Moran Junction..guessing it is 1 hour drive ..is well known for its snowmobiling venue. Also, if you do not want to go so far out of town, I beleive there are a few venues south of Jackson at the Holback Juction that cater to snowmobiling..I would call the Jackson Chamber of Commerce or Tourist Information Bureau and perhaps as them for details regarding Goosewing and other places.

Old Feb 3rd, 2002, 01:05 PM
Connie

Flagg Ranch is north of jackson right on the Yellowstone border. This makes it easy to go right in to Yellowstone without a long drive to it.