Search

Skyline Hotel

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2003, 05:26 PM
bsp
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skyline Hotel

Has anyone stayed at the Skyline Hotel in NYC? Any info about it would be appreciated.
Old May 27th, 2003, 06:28 PM
Rob

There have been posts on this hotel. Do a text search and you will find comments on the Skyline Hotel.
Old May 27th, 2003, 06:52 PM

Agree, do a search. Consider using Hotwire or Priceline, whereupon you'll pay far less for much more.
Old May 28th, 2003, 11:20 AM

I always stay at the Skyline Hotel whenever I am in New York. I opt for the deluxe room because they are refurbished and nicer than the regular rooms and they have a fridge. The location is great. Lots of corner grocery stores and restaurants. For a cheap breakfast stop at the Coffee Pot at 49th and 8th or 7th Street. Great coffee. Real New Yorkers.
Old May 28th, 2003, 11:21 AM

Forgot to add to check the hotel website sometimes it is cheaper than expedia. http://www.skylinehotelny.com
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 05:21 AM
bsp
Original Poster

Christimarie,

Thanks so much for actually answering my question. I really didn't need a lecture and I have done a site search. I wanted recent info and you gave it to me. Thanks.
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 05:27 AM
bsp
Original Poster

One other thing, Hotwire or Priceline are fine if you're not too particular about what you want. I am driving to NYC, so I need cheap parking and easy accessibility. Also, I am traveling with my husband and 17-year-old son. Priceline doesn't give you an option specifying the number of beds you need. They say you have to call the hotel and work it out with them. Who's to guarantee we wouldn't all end up sleeping in a king bed? Kind of funny, but not too comfortable. I can't take a chance on something like that happening. That's my reasons for looking at the Skyline. I know it isn't in the best neighborhood, and it isn't luxury accomodations. It does seem to be a good fit for my needs though. I would really appreciate any comments from someone who has actually stayed there in the last four or five months. If you have any ideas of another hotel that has similar accomodations and amenities--including cheap parking--I'd love to hear about it. Please don't tell me to do a search. I'm not stupid.
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 08:23 AM

If the CoffeePot is that diner on the corner with many taxis parked at it, then you are correct. I love that place. Good food, reasonable prices, mixed service, great diner atmosphere.

I'm not sure about the parking situation, but both Super8 and RedRoof Inn often have real good prices, and you know ahead what the bed arrangements are. You can always drop off luggage and family, and find parking somewhere else, as you'll have no need for your car during your stay. I find in many cities that nearby commercial garages are almost always cheaper than the hotel's own parking.
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 11:13 AM

bsp.

"Has anyone stayed at the Skyline Hotel in NYC?"

"Please don't tell me to do a search. I'm not stupid."

1. I'm certain that somebody has stayed at this hotel.

2. Could have fooled me.

3. Nice attitude!

Curious
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 03:44 PM
bsp
Original Poster

curious,

Thanks.
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 03:53 PM
bsp
Original Poster

All I wanted was some first hand, recent experience about this hotel. Guess I am stupid. Won't be visiting this site again.
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 11:24 AM

I just stayed at the Skyline from April 25th - 28th. I am a 28 year old single woman. I was out alone in the neighborhood till 11:30 and felt totaly safe. There were plenty of neighborhood people out at that time. I have never seen hookers or drunks. The hotel is not fancy it is plain and no frills. It is a fair walk to Times Square and the subway. But, you are in New York and that is what you do walk.
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 12:56 PM
pdf

bsp, a few months ago, priceline burned me with the "number of beds" thing . . . wound up with 1 king for 3 people and had to bring a blow up mattress along. Priceline blamed the hotel, the hotel blamed priceline . . . neither one would budge and all I know is, I will never use them again. (Expedia rocks!)I just got back yesterday from nyc and remember seeing the skyline hotel. While it doesn't look the nicest, we were only in our rooms for a few precious hours of sleep, so if it suits your needs, who cares. Have a great time . . . I brought two of my most comfortable pairs of walking shoes, and my feet are still full of blisters . . . and it was worth every blister!