Reload this Page >

Siesta Key - kicked back and relaxed!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 05:49 AM
Schwebah

Siesta Key is a great place to take the family! The "village" offers great eateries, ranging from great grilled grouper sandwiches to FABULOUS sushi! The beaches are long, white, and the temp of the water is 83' degrees. It's a great destination with a lovely botanical garden nearby - Marie Selby Botanical Gardens.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 05:57 AM
Nikki

You are so right!!! The beaches by Sarasota are truly some of the nicest. Soft, white sand, beautiful gulf waters lapping ujp on the shore and some of the neatest little villages. We also love the Mote Marine where our kids love to see what is happening there each year. It's more than an aquarium - there are marine biologists working there and that's where they bring in whales and sharks and sea animals that need their attention. Where else can you have the theatre and the ballet all in one city? Sarasota. Siesta Key. Longboat Key.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 06:07 AM
pam

Agree 100%--the best beaches and a nice family vacation area. These beaches are one of the best in all of Florida.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 06:08 AM
x

My family used to travel there when we were kids. It is a great place to go. Great sand, warm water.
Went there again this past March and it still looks great, although a bit more built up. Would love to spend some more time though.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 06:09 AM
xx

Well, well, well, if it isn't the Chamber of Commerce brigade again! What, no website this time? You people are shameless promoters. Heads up Fodors.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 06:15 AM
x

No, XX, I actually did though. That's what's so great about this forum -- unless you're bashing a place, you're a travel agent, COC member, etc.
Thank god xx is here to watch out for us.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 06:23 AM
xx

I'm sure you did x and it is a nice place, but the fact of the matter is, Siesta Key's Chamber has been actively promoting Siesta Key here, initially even using their Chamber email address until they were told they could not advertise. This we don't need any more than we need travel agents promoting locations for the same reason.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 06:52 AM
Nikki

Sorry Charlie - I'm no promoter!! I fell in love with the place so much that I bought here. The Sarasota area IS truly a lovely area and I do love it here and I will always say it. I also post to the Washington/Annapolis board since I've lived and worked there.

So let us happy campers say what we feel about our hometowns cause we sure don't try to stop you from saying your town is great.

Try the area sometime - you will like it.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 08:13 AM
????

Where did it go??

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 12:56 PM
Nikki

I know - where did it go??? If something or someone is being trashed then everything is fine BUT if someone is complimenting an area then they must be promoters of some sort

The Sarasota area is great - they have the theatre, fantastic beaches, great restaurants and some of the nicest people I've met. (And, on occasion, some of the most arrogant too. St. armand's Circle offers trendy shopping which many people love and Ellenton offers What else? Outlet shopping.