Reload this Page >

Siegfried and Roy still performing?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 04:04 PM
Kelly

In the Bill Here newsletter I have read for months that Siegfried and Roy are no longer going to be performing due to a personal breakup. Does anyone know if this is true? Is the show still on at the Mirage?

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 04:41 PM
vegasgal

Their personal breakup happened several years ago. The show continues for one more year, the length of their original contract with Mirage. One of them, I never could keep them straight, pardon the pun, had a lot of face work again this summer causing rumors that he was actually someone else. But no it is still the same two performing.

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 04:58 PM
Dot

Kelly- Please don't waste your money on Siegfried and Roy. Go see O or Mystere- more expensive but well worth it!!

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 05:31 PM
Vern

Local LV rumor had it a c couple years ago that either S or R had contracted AIDS and that his brother was performing in his place. Probably just a bunch of tabloid trash, but this was from a longtime Mirage employee.

But......Kelly, don't waste your time with Siegfried and Roy to begin with. It's no longer a leading show in LV.
Seeing it would be like paying $90 a ticket to see a reunion of the 1986 Boston Celtics play basketball.

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 08:21 PM
Kelly

Thanks for the advice. More face work??? Their faces already look tight enough to bounce a quarter off of.

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 12:09 PM
hidethe

They're planning on replacing Siegfried with Christopher Lowell, and Roy with Paul Lynn. Apparently there will be a new scene with them mud wrestling with leopard thongs. Can't wait.

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 07:30 PM
Mel

I heard that Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick were replacing Siegfried and Roy.
Is this not true?