Siegfried & Roy

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 02:39 PM
Laura

Siegfried & Roy

Do you recommend seeing their show? The tickets are over $100 per. Is it just a magic show with tigers? Thanks.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 02:41 PM
thereuare

"Just another magic show with animals" (and a poor one at that).

Save your money... but if you haven't seen Mystere (or "O"), i DO recommend spending the money on those (Mystere is my favorite, but there's a constant "discussion" over which one is better).

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 03:09 PM
David

My impression has always been the S&R show is pretty cheesy.

But, the animals are spectacular and you can see them without having to see the show. Behind the Mirage is "Siegfried & Roy's Secret Garden". For $7-8 you can see some of the rare tigers, lions, and leopards that are in the shows--in an attractive natural habitat. And there's also a dolphin exhibit that's part of the same admission ticket.
Worth it!!

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 03:31 PM
darvy

I don't recommend it. See Mystere, O, or even Lance Burton before you see the two "clowns" of Vegas

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 05:55 PM
xx

Laura,
The Siegfried and Roy show is total Las Vegas. I would suggest either that or Jubilee if this is your first trip to Vegas. Yeah, it's kind of cheesy but it's FUN!! After that, move on to Mystere or O. Really, Vegas is such a bizarre place in and of itself--S & R fit right in.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 06:00 PM
Siegfried Free Zone

Words that come to mind to describe S&R:
Cheesy
Velvet Elvis
Past its prime
Overpriced
Plastic fags in spandex

Need I say more?

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 06:01 PM
lvres

I think you'll be a little disappointed with the show, I don't think the price is worth it. A much better choice would be "O" or Mystere. The Mirage and MGM hotels have viewing areas for the white lions.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 06:37 PM
vegas

Any show that has been running for over 10 years at one of the top hotels, playing to packed houses at top dollar, must have something going for it. We thought it was great, but we got comped seats right up front.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 06:43 PM
aaa

Not worth the money. The magic is incredibly lame. I don't know about you, but the last thing I want to do is watch a videotaped session of Michael Jackson. S&R both look very tired and the hatred they have for each other just shows admirably (getting a few laughs from this is probably the only thing the show has got going for it).

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 07:03 PM
Joan

I just got back from my first trip to Vegas. We didn't see Siegfried & Roy but I talked to a Lady on the plane coming home that did and she said it was very good.She was glad she went to see them, because of the fact they have been doing it so long they may retire soon.
I think if they are still playing next spring I will go see them.The animals in the show are so beautiful it couldn't be all bad.And like the post said earlier they are selling tickets like crazy,3 months ahead.It must have something going for it.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 07:07 PM
Ziggy

Sure its cheesy, and the magic is a little "old", BUT!!! it's SIEGFRIED & ROY!! pure Las Vegas. You have to go just to say, 10 years from now, you seen one of the last true legends of Las Vegas perform.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 08:41 PM
beezer

Please note well: the only people who seem to like Siegfried and Roy are either people who have never seen a <good> show in Vegas, are over 65 years old and think Henny Youngman is hilarious, haven't been off the farm in Iowa since the Carter administration, or own timeshares at Dollywood.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 10:01 PM
Laura

Interesting comments. Is there another part to the show or just them? My husband wants to see an old type Las Vegas show that is why we picked this one. Any girls with feathers? I will take tigers with fur, he wants feathers!

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 04:45 AM
aaa

Just so it's clear: S&R ain't retiring anytime soon. They both signed a lifetime contract with MGM-Mirage for an incredible amount of money with more vacation time and less shows per week.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 05:23 AM
carl

Have you ever seen two more cheesier guys than these two?

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 05:35 AM
Art

Did you know they sleep with the tigers? I don't mean that in the sexual sense ... I dont' think.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 10:10 AM
xxxxx

On stage?

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 02:09 PM
Denver Jim

Laura:

I believe Siegfried and Roy both wear feathers at some point

But seriously folks! There might be a couple of female assistants in "vegas" costumes--but nobody is allowed to upstage S & R.

DJ

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 06:35 PM
minnie

Lifetime deals aren't a major committment if you're chock full of HIV and whatever else is probably crawling around inside those guys.
Yechhh!
Hope they stay away from the buffets.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 07:07 PM
xyz

Well Minnie they're obviously doing something right as they're multi-millionaires. Just because someone isn't straight it doesn't mean theyre "chalk full of HIV". Time to come out of the stone ages, how very rude.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FODOR'S VIDEO