show time & restaurant ideas-Astor Place

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23rd, 2004, 03:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are going to Blue Man Group in December and will end up going to one of their Sunday shows. Am debating between the merits of 5pm or 8pm. Our hotel is in Midtown (west 55th). Any feedback on better time or restaurant recommendations near theater?
Old Sep 23rd, 2004, 05:24 AM

Can't really advise you about time. It depends on what else you want to do that day. Also depends on what time you like/want to eat dinner. If you're planning to do brunch, you won't want to eat dinner early so go at 5 and eat after. At 8, I guess you'd eat before. If you're not going with kids and want to avoid kids, there will be fewer at the later performance I'd think.

Your dining are literally endless. That location is right in the center of Soho, Little Italy, Chinatown and Noho so a good opportunity to try almost anything. If you're just looking for something easy, I believe Indochine, a French/Vietnamese with very good food is right across the street from the theater. Very funky and inexpensive is Acme Bar & Grill around the corner for Cajun food.
Old Sep 23rd, 2004, 01:10 PM
Original Poster

ok...still thinking about merits of 5pm vs 8pm show. What about shops in East Village - will they be open on a Sunday night - or is that a stupid question? Remember, I live in the South where things shut down at 6pm on Sundays.
Old Sep 23rd, 2004, 01:26 PM

The East Village will be totally open both before and after either of your choices.
Old Sep 23rd, 2004, 01:35 PM

Well, I always prefer eating dinner after the show. Since 10 or after is late for some people, I'd think the 5 PM show is great -- meaning you can have dinner at 8 PM