Should we reserve room in advance along Rt 90

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We'll be traveling from Yellowstone to Rapid City from June 29 - July 3. We reserved rooms in Cody and Sheridan, but thought we would not reserve ahead between
Sheridan and Deadwood, SD to give us more flexibility in where we want to stop. Will it be hard to find a hotel/motel on Rt 90 if we don't have a reservation?
Old Mar 6th, 2004, 11:26 AM

Make reservations to be on the safe side. That's busy time in the Black Hills and you don't want to be bedless or in a less than desireable motel.
Old Mar 6th, 2004, 02:16 PM

I always reserve where we are expected to be. With hotels that have a 6pm,day of arrival cancellation policy.

Then if plans,weather, etc. change, I have some kind of guidebook and/or phone #'s of the major chains if plans change.

You still have a place-if you cxl-keep the cxl number-you might need it when you get the cc bill.
Old Mar 6th, 2004, 02:36 PM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
Yeah, especially getting close to the 4th of July I'd book ahead. Many millions of families all want to see the faces in the peak of the vacation season.

At least you're not trying for late August, when the bikers all arrive in Sturgis. No room within the time zone.
Old Mar 6th, 2004, 02:47 PM

Being the planning nut I am, when we did that trip west, I booked everything months ahead. My friends laughed at me. But everywhere we stopped we ran into people at the counters desparately trying to find rooms and being told there was nothing available anywhere. We were traveling in late June and through July.