SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17th, 2005, 02:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AFTER 3 STRAIGHT YEARS OF GOING TO THE CANADIAN ROCKIES IN THE FALL. HAVING BEAUTIFUL WEATHER AND TONS OF PHOTO OPPORTUNITIES AND WILDLIFE. I HAD THOUGHT OF GOING TO WASH/OREGON INSTEAD THIS YEAR. STILL WONDERING IF THIS IS A GOOD CHOICE OR SHOULD I HEAD BACK TO A ROCKY MT FALL!! I AM A PHOTOGRAPHER LOOKING FOR WATERFALLS AND GREAT SCENERY/WILDLIFE. ANY INSIGHT. IT WOULD COST MORE AT THE MOMENT TO GO TO BC AND ALBERTA ,WITH GAS PRICES AND ALL. BUT I KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT THERE. WEATHERWISE ETC.(NORMALLY) I WAS THINKING IF I WENT TO WASH/OREGON. I WOULD HIT MT RANIER/ST HELENS AND THE NORTH CASCADES . THEN VENTURE TO ANY WATERFALLS I COULD FIND. MAYBE EVEN HIT THE OCEAN AND NORTHERN CAL. HAVING 2 WEEKS AND DOING THE SOLO CAMPING THING ,SINCE MY USUAL TRAVEL PARTNER CANT JOIN ME THIS TIME ,DUE TO HER HAVING TO STAY HOME.... ANY SUGGESTIONS.. THANKS FOR THE INFO.. KEN IN MICHIGAN

WWW.PICTURETRAIL.COM/KENREECE
Old Aug 17th, 2005, 03:43 AM

boy do you have a delema. canadian rockies is one of the best places on the planet! BUT it's good to experience new things. i think the oregon wash trip is a good idea. i did it one year, if you can fit: mt. ranier, north cascade, olympic, crater lake (waterfalls there) lassen vol.(northern cal) the coast, rogue river country, lake chelan wash. there is SOO much to see. i was in ore/wash in sept. and had great weather. head over to san juan islands, do a whale watch for killer whales etc. i could go on and on.
Old Aug 17th, 2005, 04:00 AM

The Washington/Oregon area is a goldmine of photo ops. Suggestions in addition to those already given:
For waterfalls, try the Columbia River Gorge Byway and Silver Falls State Park in Oregon.
For spectacular coastlines, you can't beat Oregon.
Then, there's Olympic National Park in Washington--Ho Rainforest, Hurricane Ridge, etc.
Old Aug 17th, 2005, 07:34 AM

Howard just wrote everything I was thinking.
Old Aug 17th, 2005, 10:59 AM

HI--Please do not post in all caps. It is really hard to read. Thank you.
Old Aug 17th, 2005, 02:53 PM

It reads like the clauses nobody wants you to read on a sales contract.
Old Aug 17th, 2005, 06:09 PM

GETOUT OF YOUR RUT. GO TO US NW FOR REASONS PREVIOUSLY STATED. ALSO, LEARN TO USE SHIFT KEY.
Old Aug 17th, 2005, 06:35 PM

The fall is spectacular in the NW. The weather is better in Sept. than June and is often ideal well into October. There are great waterfalls in the places mentioned, but also throughout the Cascades and many are right along the highways or within a mile or so forest hike. The places you mentioned are necessities, and you might want to consider a trip to the San Juan Islands too. Talk about scenic beauty. A trip to the top of Mt. Constitution on a clear day is one of life's simple pleasures. Also, in nearby British Columbia, the top of Grouse Mtn. has amazing views of Vancouver and Squamish Inlet is just stunning. If you end up as far as N. Cal. you really must take the Oregon Coast route, see the Oregon Dunes, Redwood forests, Oregon Caves and Crater Lake and pick up Silver Falls on the way. You will need lots of photo media.
Old Aug 17th, 2005, 10:41 PM

Yes, you'll love all the waterfalls and beautiful scenery along the Colombia river. It's awesome, you won't believe your eyes, some of the better falls, you have to hike back to, but it's well worth your time... have fun!!! I totally agree with HowardR
Old Aug 18th, 2005, 02:22 AM
Original Poster

sorry about the caps!!!!!! i wouldnt consider going to the canadian rockies ,"being in a rut" i have traveled to many places and they are the best so far.especially in their fall colors. anyone who has been there would agree. thanks for all the great info . cant wait to get out to org/wash to see what everyone is talking about. ken in michigan
www.picturetrail.com/kenreece