short term high end rentals in Los Angeles

Nov 1st, 2007, 08:29 AM
Original Poster

short term high end rentals in Los Angeles

We need to find a high end rental with two bedrooms in LA, close to Beverly Hills for Nov 14-21 while one of our family is at cedars Sinai hospital. House or Condo will work. We would like something special and uplifting during that time.
We looked at vrbo.com, which has a good selection but couldnt find what we needed. Anyone have any other suggestions. Thanks
Nov 1st, 2007, 08:42 AM
GoTravel

Did you try realtors in the area?

I would go with someone high end like Sothebys.

www.sothebyshomes.com

Nov 1st, 2007, 11:12 AM

This might help

http://www.oakwood.com/
Nov 1st, 2007, 11:17 AM

Check with Patient Relations or the Social Work Department in the hospital. They often help family members to find appropriate accomodations.
Nov 2nd, 2007, 09:26 AM
Original Poster

thank you everyone. These are good suggestions.
Nov 2nd, 2007, 06:26 PM
Original Poster

found a great web site for nice homes in LA
www.homesforthemoment.com
Jun 7th, 2008, 08:55 AM
bluestar29

Did you rent a house on the site www.homesforthemoment.com ?

If yes, was it good?

Jun 8th, 2008, 09:50 AM

I tried the website again and was able to view the list of properties. One is near my house in Manhattan Beach, and another is near my office in Beverly Hills. I also read the disclaimer which I found at the bottom of each property's page.

First of all, I was stunned at the rental prices. The house in MB is charming but tiny (2 bed, 1 bath) which is not necessarily unusual at the beach. But the rate of $6,500 for a week is just crazy. I can't believe there isn't a better option in my neighborhood at a lower price.

The house in BH is much larger (5 bed), has a pool and looks very comfortable. Its rate is $7,500 a week and $25,000 a month. Those numbers still take my breath away, but considering the size I guess I'm less surprised.

The disclaimer language seemed standard, but I was surprised that some homes may not have telephones and renters are strongly urged to bring cellphones. I'm guessing most people at this rental level would have a cellphone anyway, but to me a rental at this rate should include something as basic as a phone. BTW, my cellphone doesn't work well inside my house.
Jun 8th, 2008, 09:58 AM

OK, I put my glasses on and reread the MB house rental rates. It's $6,500 a MONTH and $1,800 a WEEK. Now, that makes more sense. But, I'd recommend this hotel (and apartments) instead:

http://www.seaview-inn.com/rooms.htm
Jun 8th, 2008, 10:42 AM
bluestar29

Hello Jean.

We plan too be in Los angeles for 3 weeks, so we really like too rent a home, and not a apartments or hotel.

You live and work near the house. Do you know about the business? Or do you know where too tjek if they are ok too do business with? And too see if it is a real business

Jun 8th, 2008, 02:48 PM

Jean-I live in S. Calif. and am used to some very high prices, but the $6500 a week price you quoted even took my breath away! YIKES! I was glad to see that this is a monthly rate!
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:58 PM

Bluestar29, I don't know the business or whether it is reputable. Their office is very near the Getty Center in an office building and not apparently operating out of someone's home (which would make me nervous). The company should be able to provide you with statements or recommendations from previous clients, and I think you should be able to telephone a previous renter of any particular property you're interested in.

Nolimit, the rental next door to us is available, and the new monthly rate is $5,200. This is just an average house with a LOT of maintenance issues (according to the departing tenants). The house on the rental website is half the size and sits on a lot that is 30 feet by 45 feet, facing an alley, and they're charging $6,500 a month! My husband and I looked at each other and said almost simultaneously, "Let's rent out the house and travel around the world!" It beats working for a living.