Sheraton Vistana Village?

Old Jan 14th, 2004, 04:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sheraton Vistana Village?

I just got a special offer from Sheraton to visit their Vistana Village property in Orlando for a great rate. I don't know a thing about the location/reputation though. ANY comments/information would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 04:28 AM

Hi melh,

Our family stayed at the Vistana Villages in Decemer 2001. We loved this resort. It is at the quiet end of International Drive and we found it very convenient to the Disney parks as well as Sea World and Disney Marketplace. We did have a car however so I cannot comment on their shuttle service. The resort did not have a restaurant but did have a small general store with a deli. The pool area was very nice and the water was heated so we did some swimming even though it was December. We had a two bedroom unit on the second floor near the sand volleyball court. They did have elevators. I would stay her again in a heartbeat but I can't find a great rate like we had before. We also stayed at Vistana Resort on a prior trip to Orlando and it was a bigger though older resort. Any specific question, please ask.

Roxanne
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 09:08 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your input, Roxanne. We got a special offer in the mail. It seems too good to be true. I can't help but be skeptical.
Your comments are reassuring, though. I might have just lucked into our next vacation spot!
Thanks again.
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 09:24 AM
Original Poster

One more thing...how bad/annoying is the sales pressure to get us to buy a time share?
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 11:59 AM

Hi melh,

We told the salesperson who approached us after check-in that we were not interested and although we did receive some messages left on our phone offering incentives to tour, we never did. Not a problem.

Have fun

Roxanne
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 02:02 PM
Original Poster

Thanks!
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 02:07 PM

My husband and I and another couple stayed there last year during Memorial Day weekend. We got a great rate for $99 a night for a two bedroom suite. Fantastic price! We all said we would like to go back to just stay at the hotel, pool areas were very nice, plenty of chairs etc. Each unit had full kitchen, DR/LR. Very nice, would definitely recommend. Don't remember anything about timeshare (we didn't do it and can't recall any pressure to do so) I do remember buying a three day park pass at a discount at the hotel.
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 09:48 PM

Could you please pass on the info about your special offer. We will be going to Orlando in July and am looking for a resort to stay at. Thanks