sheraton kauai and kona village

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

would like to hear from anyone who has recently been to the sheraton on kauai and kona village on the big island as to how they found these hotels.
Old Nov 20th, 2004, 07:16 PM

These two hotels are two different worlds entirely. Actually, Kona Village is not like a hotel at all. It is indescribably perfect, the most laid-back, genuine place possible. If you go to both these places, you will come home determined to return to one ASAP, and to the other never.
Old Nov 21st, 2004, 06:16 AM

You can't claim that categorically. It depends on what one is looking for in a resort. I know people who were disappointed with Kona Village -- especially families with small kids who don't understand the concept of "getting away from it all".
Old Nov 21st, 2004, 07:27 AM

Stayed at the Sheraton just in October. We found the Sheraton to be clean, friendly and perfect for us. It just depends on what your priorities are.
Old Nov 22nd, 2004, 07:17 AM

I walked through the grounds of the Sheraton every day on my morning walks the past two summers. It is a nice place, nothing spectacular, but it is on a great beach and the rooms that are oceanfront are the closest hotel rooms to the ocean on Kauai.

I've never been to the Kona Village, but from the reviews and anecdotes I've read about it, it seems like people either really love it or they really hate it. I have a colleague whose entire family has been going every year for the past 20 years. They would not (and do not) go anywhere else.
-Bill
Old Nov 23rd, 2004, 09:46 AM

cj013: I stayed at the Kona Village in Sept. - It was nice, unique, awesome food but not near worth the cost. I did a trip report here about all the places we stayed during our trip including Kona Village:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...n_name=Nancy03