Shephard's Resort Clearwater

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18th, 2006, 08:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wanted a little advice from Clearwater locals or past visitors. My daughter and college roomates (all 20 or 21) are looking for a place to stay in Clearwater area. Nice kids looking for quiet relaxation and warm weather, pool etc. They aren't the party type. Does anyone know anything about Shephards Resort ? Other suggestions that will allow under 25 to book ?

Thanks
Old Feb 18th, 2006, 03:16 PM

arbeew, do you not know about Clearwater Beach? How could you have picked this spot for kids who aren't the party type? This is party central! The Shepard looks to have a beach (which the ones north of it don't seem to have because of erosion) so that would be good. Honestly, I would think they would be happiest near people their own ages. If they don't like to party then they could just stay away from the partiers.

Another solution would be to put them on Sand Key (the Sheraton is nice, don't know the cost). It is across the bridge from Clearwater so they could always go over to eat or hang-out (check out the surfer dudes) but could chill and stay at the more deserted, much nicer Sand Key.

Or maybe try some place like this: http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/i...tyhocn=NORNHHF

This is a nice reasonable place with a good beach, not lots of rowdy drunks. Or try the Bonaire in St. Pete Beach.

Gosh, I don't know anything about booking under 25.
Old Feb 20th, 2006, 04:53 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions,I'll check them out. I've never been to Clearwater, the girls were looking at it when the Hilton and Sandestin wouldn't let them book being under 25. I'm looking also at the Destin area for them, should be quieter and more to their liking based on your advice.
Thanks so much for your help.

Old Feb 20th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Original Poster

Meant to say, "Hilton AT Sandestin"
Old Feb 20th, 2006, 05:31 PM

Hon, the problem is that it is spring break. Maybe someone else knows about Destin, I don't. Panama City Beach is a mad house then, just like Clearwater. But, like I said, other beaches in this area are absolutely fine. Good luck.
Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 09:42 AM

If they don't want a party atmosphere, Shephards Resort is not the place for them. Unless they like bikini contests and that type of thing. While there's enough room on CLwtr Beach to avoid all the madness, it will definitely be crowded and I can't think of a worse place to be than Shepards if you want to avoid partying. The Sheraton Sand Key is a good alternative.