SF hotel- Hyatt Regency- is it nice?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just booked the Hyatt Regency near Union Square for $80/night through priceline. I think it is a great deal but is the hotel nice??
Old May 15th, 2005, 02:05 PM

That is a great price. The hotel is very standard and the rooms are a bit small, but is a nice place. When I stay there for work (and someone else is paying) my rate is usually about 160.
Old May 15th, 2005, 03:46 PM

Such a deal!!! It's a large busy hotel, the public areas (haven't been to rooms) are fine, and the location is great for walking 'round much of downtown Sf and over to the water. For that price---WOW!
Old May 15th, 2005, 03:48 PM

Forgot to say, there's a revolving rooftop bar and restaurant with great views that my friends love.
read more at
http://www.frommers.com/destinations...co/H33133.html
Old May 15th, 2005, 06:56 PM

It just occurred to me, reading this thread, that everyone may not be talking about the same hotel here. wingfoot refers to "The Hyatt Regency near Union Square." The Hyatt Regency (the one with the revolving rooftop bar CaliNurse refers to) is at the Embarcadero and is not particularly close to Union Square. The Hyatt near (in fact, on) Union Square is the Grand Hyatt.

I don't want you and your luggage to end up at the wrong hotel, wingfoot! Look at the exact hotel name and address on your Priceline win notification to see if your hotel is the Hyatt Regency with a street address of Embarcadero Center, or if it is the Grand Hyatt with an address on Stockton St.

I have not stayed at either hotel, but have been in them both. Both are well-located and impressive-looking, and seem like their upper rooms would have great views. So far as I am aware they are both fine, and $80 is an outstanding rate for either.