Reload this Page >

Seeing "Sue" (huge lines??)

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2000, 09:11 AM
Marcie

Will be in Chicago for a few days this month and wanted to go to the Field Museum to see the "Sue" exhibit. Anyone familiar with how long the lines are or the waiting time? (I have a hubby who HATES long lines). Thanks!

Old May 24th, 2000, 10:01 AM
Frances

What is the Sue Exhibit?

Old May 24th, 2000, 10:27 AM
Dino

It's a huge dinosaur.

Old May 24th, 2000, 11:02 AM
workin' girl

I thought Sue was sold to the highest bidder....

Old May 24th, 2000, 11:29 AM
howard

It was. The museum was the highest bidder!

Old May 24th, 2000, 06:00 PM
Sabrina

Marcie,
I was at the opening of the Sue exhibit a week ago. To answer your question, YES, the lines tend to be long getting into the museum. The good news is there is no line to see Tyrannosaurus Sue because she is situated on the museum's main floor, almost rotunda style. There are crowds always around it but there is no bad view of it, and there is no "line." Personally, what I enjoyed was going up to the second floor and checking out the real head first(the real head was too heavy to put with the rest of the body, and is encased in glass separately). From the balcony you get a totally different, yet still amazing perspective of the T. Rex.

If memory serves, the museum's free admission day is Wednesday. Otherwise it's $8. Also, the museum extended the hours to accomodate all the visitors. Have fun. I'm not really "into" dinosaurs and I was really impressed with it.

The Field Museum has a great website, although I am too darned lazy to look up the address. If you have a search engine, check it out.