Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Sedona: Looking for a $100-$120 per night stay

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 02:04 PM
beth

Would anyone have any recommendations for a place to stay in Sedona for a reasonable fare? I'll be in Scottsdale for a week and then I want to head up to Sedona for 4 days. Everyone raves about the Enchantment but I can only go there for lunch a bit too pricey. Has anyone stayed at Kikko? Any positive recommendations would be great? We're looking to not spend that much time in our room but would like the room to be clean and nice/comfortable.

Thanks so much.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 02:08 PM
nina

Check www.biddingfortravel.com
and then bid on Priceline. You may also want to do that for Scottsdale. I just booked a Hilton in Mesa for $40 a night.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 02:49 PM
X

You do know that Mesa is not close to Scottsdale, right. It is a teeny older suburb of Phoenix. Depending on when you're going, it doesn't really sound like great of a deal. I've gotten Doubletree suite in Tempe for $69/night in the high season without any discount websites. AZ is really not that expensive.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 03:07 PM
beth

topping

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 12:15 AM
Rabbit

I stayed at The Canyon Wren Cabins (www.canyonwrencabins.com) and absolutely loved it - fireplace, deck, kitchenette - great. Also stayed another time at Oak Creek Terrace (www.oakcreekterrace.com) and was pleased. Hope this helps

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 03:03 AM
Barbara

The Sky Ranch Motel... A pilot told us about this place up on a ridge overlooking all of Sedona. We sat on our deck and watched the sun set every nite and it was beautiful. Accomodaions are simple and nice but the view was worth it!

Old Oct 13th, 2002, 08:38 AM
tammy

Try the Sedona Hilton. Features suites, a spa on location, and close proximity to a golf course. www.hiltonsedona.com.

Old Oct 13th, 2002, 09:08 AM
Michele

Last spring our family stayed at the Kokopelli Suites. The rate, I believe, was $100 which included a nice breakfast. Rooms were big and clean.

Kokopelli Suites
3119 W. Highway 89 A
Sedona AZ 86336
(520) 204-1146 or toll free 800-789-7393

http://www.canyon-country.com/sedona/Lodging/Kokopelli_Suites/kokopelli_suites.html

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 06:19 PM
Carla

We just got back from Sedona and the Grand Canyon. We love the Sky Ranch Lodge. If I ever go back to Sedona that is where I would stay, even if I get rich and can afford Enchantment. The location is wonderful. You can look out over the whole town and stargazing at night is the best. Also, the little restaurant at the airport is terrific. It was wonderful to walk over there for breakfast, watch the day unfold and listen to the group of retired guys who fly there in their tiny planes for breakfast. It was one of the best vacations we have ever taken.

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 04:41 AM
nina

Carla, I looked into the Sky Ranch Lodge on another posters recommendation and we will most likely stay there (unless I find a deal at Enchantment). One thing though, the rates I found at Sky Ranch were $179 and up. Where did you find a rate between $100-$120 for Sky Ranch? I'd love to book a room there at that rate.

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 05:42 AM
Marj

We stayed at the Sky ranch lodge last March and also enjoyed it. We paid about $95 for a basic room. I called the hotel directly to book. Maybe the higher rate is for better rooms or high season.

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 06:13 AM
nina

Thanks Marj. I am looking at April. That's probably considered high season. I think it was for a basic room, but we need accomodations for 2 adults, 2 children. I went to the hotel website for the rates.

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 06:27 AM
Eva

Last June we stayed at the Best Western Sedona Inn. It was $103 on Expedia at the time. We were very pleeased--nothing fancy but there is a nice deck on the 2nd (and i think 3rd) floor where we ate our complimentary breakfast every morning and in the evenings had a drink or an ice cream cone etc.

Like I said, nothing fancy but I have no hesitation in recommending it. The Sky Ranch Lodge did look cute though. It is very close to the BW and we had a great lunch there--good food!

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 06:32 AM
marj

Nina,
We also were a famiy of 4. I looked on the website. The $179 room is a nice looking cottage. We stayed in the very basic room with 2 queen beds and a rollaway. We were only there 1 night and the room was fine.

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 07:18 AM
Barbara

Nina, my mother and I stayed in the $179 room in April. It is right on the canyon rim, with a terrific view and a small balcony. Inside, there are two comfortable queen beds, fireplace, a small kitchenette with a little fridge and a microwave and the bathroom. It was very nice. I would definitely go back.

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 12:03 PM
Carla

We sent an inquiry to Sky Ranch through their website and they called me back with the rate. We stayed in 2 different rooms. We liked it so much we extended our original stay, but had to change rooms to do so. The first one was about $80 and the next one-a somewhat bigger room with a patio was about $90. Not a bad price for a basic, but nice room and lovely grounds.

Old Oct 19th, 2002, 01:36 PM
Larry

I would add my vote for Sky Ranch Lodge. (Our favorite room is the one right on the point overlooking Sedona). The extra you spend on the room /view, you can save eating at the restaurant at the airport. Good food, inexpensive, and it's fun to watch the planes. Might even get the urge to take one of the scenic flights in a Bi-wing..open cockpit, fresh air, amazing view....!
Enjoy your stay wherever you end up.
Larry

Old Oct 19th, 2002, 03:37 PM
Susan

What are the accomodations like at Sky Ranch Lodge? The pictures of the rooms from their website look similar to an Econolodge. Are they actually nicer than that, or is that an accurate description? Thank you!

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 11:16 AM
Carla

The rooms are nothing special, but they are clean and comfortable. The setting is what makes Sky Ranch special. For my money, it is the best location in Sedona

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 10:17 AM
Nicole

We got a great rate for the Hilton on hotwire. Not exactly in Sedona, but a beautiful location near Bell Rock. I somehow got a room with a view of the red rocks too! For $79, I don't think I would have found a nicer place or a better view!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell My Personal Information