Search

Sedona Lodging

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30th, 2001, 05:15 AM
Jack

Sedona Lodging

Does anyone have a comment about the Arroyo Roble Best Western Hotel and the Sky Ranch Lodge?

Old Apr 30th, 2001, 09:25 AM
Jill

Our family just got back from Sedona two weeks ago and saw both of these places (although we stayed at Best Western Inn of Sedona) Most of the Sedona hotels (including both Best Westerns) are on the main thoroughfare. This surprised me because the pictures that I had seen with the red rocks in the background make it look like the hotels are more secluded. Arroyo Roble is right on the road as you enter Sedona from 89A N and Inn of Sedona is about 2 miles down further and a block off the road. Both would be very nice choices. Arroyo Roble is right next door to a number of shops and restuarants so you could walk to these.
On the other hand, Sky Ranch is up on a hilltop and is more secluded, although only a mile or so drive to shops and restuarants. There is a spectacular view from Sky Ranch. If I had to do it over, I'd still stay at Inn of Sedona over Arroyo Roble because the view is a little bit better (it's on the other side of the highway) No matter which one you stay at, be sure to request a room with a good view of rocks. However, throw Sky Ranch into the equation and that would be my top choice. Have fun!

Old May 11th, 2001, 06:20 PM
barbara

we just returned fron arroyo roble and were very pleased. chose a room with a view and a fireplace. arroyo is in uptown sedona so it is quiet and yet convenient to the rest of town. enjoy

Old May 14th, 2001, 01:00 PM
Sluggo

Just returned from a four-day stay at Sky Ranch Lodge and couldn't have been happier. We had a king cottage that happened to be next to the scenic overview that everyone drives to for sunset views. It had a fabulous view, of course, both from inside and from our deck, which had a swing seat for two. In the morning, blue birds and quail would land on the deck. We had a a small refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, stove, kitching dining area, and a living area with a gas stove. The grounds are nicely done and the pool and spa were pleasant. Sedona is gorgeous. Enjoy your trip.

Old May 15th, 2001, 06:31 PM
Paul

Arroyo Roble is a nice place. The rooms are well done, have fireplaces, and the grounds are pleasant. You walk uphill on its entrance drive, and you're on the main street in the north end of town, an easy walk to everything. And yet, the hotel grounds themselves are nice and quiet.