Search

Sedona eating

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sedona eating

Looking for 1-2 great restaurants in Sedona environs. (Bringing my brother the NY chef). Not looking for the most expensive, but something well done.
Thanks...NancySpider
Old Apr 19th, 2005, 06:09 PM
P_M

I wish I could remember the name of it, but I'm sure someone in town can tell you. There's an omelette shop that makes a gazillion different types of omelettes. The non-omelette stuff is good too. I liked it so much I ate breakfast there every day.
Old Apr 19th, 2005, 06:58 PM

I really enjoyed the restaurant at Enchantment Resort, and the setting couldn't be beat (but it's hared as hell to impress a NY chef--IMO NYC has the best food in the US!) Still, it was good and there's nothing like that in terms of setting in NYC.
Old Apr 19th, 2005, 08:13 PM

Cowboy Club has interesting food such as
a rattlesnake appetizer and buffalo burgers. For the vegetarian, their grilled vegetable sandwich is delicious.
The prices are quite reasonable and service is always good.
Old Apr 20th, 2005, 04:54 AM

My husband and I ate in the Cowboy Club, in the Silver Saddle room (requires separate reservations). I highly recommend it. Excellent food and service. Make reservations in advance.
Old Apr 20th, 2005, 05:10 AM

We really enjoyed Oaxaca for Mexican, on the main drag w/ a nice view.

Also loved the cowboy club, unique and FUN with fairly good food to boot!
Old Apr 20th, 2005, 08:03 AM

It's been a couple of years, but I had a terrific lunch at Heartline Cafe and first rate dinner at LAuberge de Sedona. Dine creekside if possible. V expensive, but quite exceptional.

Also ate at Cowboy Club and Oaxaca, but did not enjoy them as much as the other two. Cowboy Club for steaks - seemed overpriced to me. Oaxaca was good, but nothing exceptional in terms of food or atmosphere.
Old Apr 20th, 2005, 11:23 AM
Ali25

I also have a chef in the family - my son, who works in the Caribbean - and it IS difficult to find "the right place" to impress them. You won't be disappointed at the Heartline Cafe...it was quite remarkable - especially in presentation (a must). As I recall, the wine list is also really good. They have a beautiful cookbook that they sell there, also. Bon Apetit!

Old Apr 20th, 2005, 12:40 PM

My concierge really liked Rene's, which is located in Tlaquepaque shopping village. I didn't get to eat there since they were between lunch & dinner and couldn't take me.

For that kind of between meal snack, though, next to Rene's is a nice spot called the Secret Garden. Loved their pesto/tomato bruschetta and their fruit/cheese plate!
Old Apr 20th, 2005, 06:51 PM

There is a little barbque place back a short walk from the middle of the shopping area, delicious ribs, etc. very, very casual, but I remember seeing the pink jeeps getting washed when looking out the back window of this place. Simple, but memorable food.
Old Apr 20th, 2005, 09:29 PM

My vote would be for Heartline Cafe. Dine in the patio area, if possible.
Old Apr 21st, 2005, 03:31 AM

Our favourites in this order:

Oaxaca - fairly authentic mexican, nice views
BlueMoon Cafe - simply delicious, great coffee
Heartline Cafe - tasty, a bit more exp.
Wildflower Bread Cafe - kids' favorite
Old Apr 21st, 2005, 08:11 AM

I thought Oaxaca was awful and far from authentic. Not only did it not have typical Southwestern food but it also did not have typical Oaxacan food. But it had great views of the mountains. Personally, I'd look elsewhere. I was only there for one meal during a drive-through and wished I'd had it elsewhere. You could go to Oaxaca and have a drink perhaps.
Old Apr 21st, 2005, 09:03 AM

Were there a month ago. By far the "best" was Pizza Picazzo. It has the most fantastic pizza I have ever had. Incredible variety. No reservations but after you have been you will say worth the 1 hr wait. (unless you go for lunch or real early).
For dining elegance (and $) try Savannahs. Cowboy Club, Oaxaca are touristy and ok. Better is El Rincon for Tex-Mex. Agree with Hearline Cafe and Rene.
Also elegant and $ is Auberge de Sedona, best if you can dine outside.
Many good options.
Old Apr 21st, 2005, 09:14 AM

Oh Sedona, How I wish I was there. We loved the Cucina Rustica run by Dahl and DiLuca. It's in the Tequa Plaza on the outskirts of Sedona. Fabulous food and atmosphere. Great patio with outdoor firepits. One of our best meals in Sedona. Cowboy Club did not impress us. Long wait despite reservations and Silver Saddle room was rather impersonal. for a fun place try Javila Catina in the Hillside Plaza
Old Apr 21st, 2005, 10:20 AM
emd

I second Cucina Rustica.

Also, you can't beat Shugrue's Hillside Grill for nice frienedly service, very good fresh and simply prepared food, and that amazing view from the patio. Enchantment's dining rm has the view but it is not friendly there from my two expereinces. Lots of reviews of Shugrue's online.
Old Apr 21st, 2005, 11:14 AM

MelissaHI,

We also thoroughly enjoyed a lunch at the Secret Garden Cafe. We sat outside on the beautiful patio and had a killer Southwestern Corn Chowder (I've been trying desperately to duplicate it at home) and an imaginative veggie sandwich with fennel, jicama, peppers, onions, squash, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower sprouts on a fresh flatbread. Certainly not haute cuisine, but fun, light, and "well done," as the original poster is seeking. I'm pretty sure they do breakfast and lunch--don't know about dinner.
Old Apr 21st, 2005, 11:31 AM

We had a GREAT lunch at the Oak Creek Brewery in Tlaquapaque. The Earl of Steak sandwich was yummy! Everything was really great from service to food to ambiance.

Also there's hole in the wall place called the Hideaway (i think that's the name) that has a nice little deck right on Oak Creek that has decent food.

Cucina Rustica is fabulous! I have not been personally, but my parents went on valentine's day & had a lovely dinner! It's in the Village of Oak Creek.
Old Apr 21st, 2005, 06:53 PM
Original Poster

Wow. I'm impressed with the responses...making my list and checking it twice. Thanks everyone....NancySpider
Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 08:21 AM

If your budget allows for upscale dining, I would recommend Enchantment Resort. Make a reservation around sunset. The view and food are both great.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -