Search

sedona b&b's

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28th, 2006, 11:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sedona b&b's

my wife and I are makin our last trip around the us (we're leaving at the end of this year), so tryin to do all the must-see's before we leave. made the decision to go see GC for memorial day weekend (we fly in on saturday morn and leave from ph monday night )at the last minute.. plannin on stayin at Sedona on Sat and makin the trip to GC on sunday and doin a sightseeing trip back to phoenix on monday. there were a couple of things i needed help from the experts in..
1) since yours truly, was not a "decider" all the good hotels are booked, there are some b&b's available, are there any good ones you'd recommend that's under 200 bucks a night?
2)what are some places we could see on our trip back on monday. I'd like to be in phx by around 3:30 so we can returnt he car nad have time to check in for our flight back
thanks much folks.
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 11:42 AM

did you check the sky ranch lodge?
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 11:59 AM
Original Poster

yeah. its full. found kings ransom inn. wud that be an ok plce to stay? we're looking to make a day trip to grand canyon and then come back to sedona, in the evening.
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 12:22 PM
emd

I haven't stayed at King's Ransom, but there are very good reviews on www.tripadvisor.com, and some sour ones also. I am going to book there next time I go to Sedona, as long as I can get a nonsmoking executive king room w/balcony and good view. Their rates are good and location good too- hiking/walking right out the back door, can walk to Hillside for dinner, etc.
Old May 17th, 2006, 12:47 PM

I know I'm probably too late, but my fiance and I are going to be staying at the Boots and Saddles B&B on our honeymoon in November. Irth has been great so far. And the reviews on TripAdvisor are all positive.
Old May 25th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Original Poster

thank you so much for all your replies. finally decided on kings ransom had already booked by ure reply bch. Cant wait for the trip this saturday
Old May 25th, 2006, 12:08 PM
emd

scouring, when you return please let us know about your experience at Kings Ransom. If it goes ok for you, I am going to book a long weekend there in late the fall.
Old May 25th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Original Poster

will do emd. i havent heard anything from folks on things to do on our trip back on monday.. is montezuma's castle worth going to? also are there any nice restaurants for breakfast/lunch that we can go to on our return?
Old May 25th, 2006, 12:51 PM
Original Poster

how long would the trip to sedona be from gc through the east entrance? is it feasible to stay till sunset at gc and then leave for sedona?
Old May 25th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Original Poster

actually had one more question.. seeing conflicting things that the drive into gc from east is better than the drive out of gc.. and vice versa.. which is true?
Old May 25th, 2006, 01:04 PM
emd

We went from Sedona to GC East entrance in about 2 1/2 hrs. (and we stopped to get something to eat and ate it in the car).

One thing is that if you are driving at night from GC to Sedona, I think you might want to consider taking the other way to go, not coming into Sedona on 89A. Because 89A after dark is a very winding fairly steep drive (you'd be coming down Oak Crek Canyon on way back) w/b-i-g drop offs and it is a two lane rd. We won't drive it at full darkness all the way from Flagstaff to Sedona, we have to go too slow and it wracks our nerves and is REALLY dark. It might not bother you as much. You'll see what that route is like if you take it to GC from Sedona. It is a beautiful drive during the day. I think there is a way to go from GC to Sedona that involves taking 17, but I have not done it.

One everything else you asked, calling Utahtea...I hope she or someone else will come assist you.
Old May 25th, 2006, 01:06 PM
emd

scrouring, sicne your title is sedona b&bs, why don't you start another thread w/a more representative title for your remaining questions. Then you will likley get more answers to those questions...