Sedona, AZ - Best Western Arroyo

Jan 24th, 2002, 09:55 AM
Deena

Sedona, AZ - Best Western Arroyo

Am visiting Sedona early April and we will be staying one night. Looking for a decent hotel (not too expensive around $150 tops) and am not real concerned about having a room with a view. Would rather the room be a little nice for the $ than the view. Was thinking about the Best Wester Arroyo Roble Hotel. If not this place, can anyone recommend any others?

Jan 24th, 2002, 10:36 AM
Jack

The Arroyo looked good to us when we were there last May. We did not stay there; stayed at the Sky Ranch Lodge. If you can get in there it's great !

Jan 24th, 2002, 10:52 AM
Deena

I also checked on the Sky Ranch where there are rooms available. How would you describe the rooms? Are they nice, they look very "rustic" on the web...

Jan 24th, 2002, 11:08 AM
mxxx

We stayed there in 1989 and then again 1997. Rooms were typical Best Western and I think all rooms face the mountains. I liked that everything was in walking distance.

Jan 24th, 2002, 11:20 AM
E.

I have stayed at Sky Ranch twice in the last 3 years. I would describe the rooms as simple and spacious. They have pretty Mexican tile decorations, and are not in the least bit shabby, but they are fairly nondescript. What I love about the place are the views and the grounds, where I have seen all sorts of wildlife, and its proximity to the airport restaurant. The lobby has a cute gift shop and a stock of all the local reaturants' menus. Oh, and the reasonable rates are a plus, too!

Jan 24th, 2002, 06:46 PM
Vanessa

Can anyone add comments about the Best Western Inn of Sedona (a separate property from the Best Western Arroyo)?

Jan 25th, 2002, 07:16 AM
Whiskers

These, of course, are two distinctly different properties. The Best Western
Inn of Sedona is newer, does not contain condo time-shares, offers spectacular views of the red rocks, and sits about a mile west of the "tourist" part of Sedona. It is lovely. The Arroyo Roble (Spanish meaning arroyo=creek, roble (roh-blay)=oak, hence, Oak Creek) is in the middle of the old uptown neighborhood, overlooking either the creek or the shops. It contains a lot of time-share units. Of the two, the former is by far the nicer, quieter, and with better views. Both are very nice places to stay, just different.