Search

Secluded cabin

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 06:28 PM
john

Secluded cabin

My wife and I are looking for a nice secluded cabin within about 200 miles from Evansville, In. We would like to find someplace to go that is on water.

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 09:12 AM
john

Evansville is in Soutwestern Indiana.

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 05:53 AM
jvs

As for a serious reply....
I know there are some islands in Minnesota's lakes that are very secluded (even no cars allowed on the island)and have cabins for rent. I will do some research and get back to you on specifics- is this too far away??)
Also..Galena, IL is a nice place to visit and probebly has a website for cabins for rent.

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 06:23 AM
tmn

The Hoosier National Forest outside of Nashville Indiana have cabins that you can rent - they are in a beautiful setting - the colors of the trees all around, deer in your back yard - gorgeous - i am not sure of the exact website, but i know you can search on "indiana parks" and you should be able to find the rental info - i visited friends who did this on thanksgiving one year - it was great!

And Nashville is adorable itself - lots of cute little shops - very artsy -

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 02:08 PM
Pearce

Try the Cave in Rock, Ill. state park cabins at http://dnr.state.il.us/Lodges/cir.htm. I haven't seen the cabins on the inside, but they look nice from the outside. We ate at the park one day. The view of the Ohio River is spectacular from there--much better than in Evansville. I know; I live in Evansville, too. As far as secluded--it's not a hundred miles from civilization, but the civilization is a tiny southern Illinois town, and the park is on the edge of town. I guess it depends on your definition of secluded! Because of the way the park's situated on the hill, you wouldn't even know the town is there.