Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Seattle with kids. What are some good places for 3 kids and their parents???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25th, 1997, 10:50 AM
The Schramp's

My family is possibly going to go to Seattle this summer. Do you have any suggestions on what to do with a family of kis ages 9-13. If you do please share them with us. Thanks a lot!!!

Old Mar 25th, 1997, 04:42 PM
SteveG

Here are a few of the more common ideas. I will continue to think on this and add some more suggestions later, so keep watching. In general, the Seattle Waterfront and nearby Pike Place Market are terrific for kids. On the Waterfront, you have ferry rides, the aquarium, IMAX, and the Seattle Curiosity Shop. Pike Place market is a stair-climb away and my kids love it. Downtown Seattle has FAO Schwarz, Gameworks (expensive but very techie new video games), and the monorail to Seattle Center. Seattle Center has the trip up the Space Needle, the Seattle Children's museum, and lots of other kid friendly stuff. Snoqualmie Falls is a great stop near the city. My kids love the day trip up to Sunrise on Mount Rainier. Our last trip in June offered sunny skies, a great view of Mount St. Helens (volcano), and remaining snow fields! Watching mountain climbers from the lodge was a blast. There's much more, I was a kid here, and I have kids 9-13 now. More later. You'll love Seattle especially if it's sunny.

Old Mar 28th, 1997, 09:19 AM
Steve G

There are many great family things that occur at specific times. In mid-June, you can pick Washington strawberries. They are the best in the world but nobody knows it because they are so fragile. Seafair is in August. there are several weeks of parades, hydroplane races, and a great Blue Angels airshow. The Folk Life Festival, Bumpershoot, and Bite of Seattle are the three best summer festivals and a lot of fun for kids. Don't forget to check with the Seattle Visitors and Convention Bureau to match your visit with some great short-term events. Oh! I forgot renting bikes and riding the great trail system out to St. Michele Winery, there are often weekend shows on the grounds. Rides of any length depending on where you start.

Old Apr 26th, 1997, 10:30 AM
cpleitz

Last August, we took our three teen-age sons to Seattle, Vancouver, the San Juan Islands, Victoria, the Northwest coast of Washington, Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Ranier. It was their second most favorite vacation (the first was Macinac Island). We rented a car in Seattle and spent 8 days making a giant loop to those destinations. Let me know if you would like our itenerary.

Old Apr 26th, 1997, 10:31 AM
cpleitz

Last August, we took our three teen-age sons to Seattle, Vancouver, the San Juan Islands, Victoria, the Northwest coast of Washington, Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Ranier. It was their second most favorite vacation (the first was Macinac Island). We rented a car in Seattle and spent 8 days making a giant loop to those destinations. Let me know if you would like our itinerary.

Old Apr 26th, 1997, 10:36 AM
cpleitz

Last August, we took our three teen-age sons to Seattle, Vancouver, the San Juan Islands, Victoria, the Northwest coast of Washington, Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Ranier. It was their second most favorite vacation (the first was Macinac Island). We rented a car in Seattle and spent 8 days making a giant loop to those destinations. Let me know if you would like our itinerary.

Old Apr 26th, 1997, 10:46 AM
cpleitz

cpleitz

cpleitz

Last August, we took our three teen-age sons to Seattle, Vancouver, the San Juan Islands, Victoria, the Northwest coast of Washington, Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Ranier. It was their second most favorite vacation (the first was Macinac Island). We rented a car in Seattle and spent 8 days making a giant loop to those destinations. Let me know if you would like our itenerary.