Seattle/Vancouver/Victoria

Old Mar 26th, 1997, 06:43 PM
N Jardon

Seattle/Vancouver/Victoria

I will be in Seattle for the first time this July. I'll be able to stay in the area for about a week. I need help deciding how to divide my time between Seattle and Vancouver. Is Victoria an absolute must? What are the best ways to travel between cities? Should I fly into one city and out of the other to save time? Any advice will be appreciated.

Old Mar 27th, 1997, 09:13 AM
SteveG

A week will turn out to be precious little time for all three venues. I would prioritize Seattle and Vancouver. You can do both without a car, although a car would be necessary for some great sites. I'm not a big Victoria fan (too cutesy) but many people are. The Buchart Gardens are my favorite site there. Between Seattle and Vancouver, you should take the beautiful train trip. Book in advance via Amtrak because it's very busy. If no car, there is way more than enough in downtown Seattle and Van. Sea: Waterfront, Pike Place Market, Seattle Center via monorail, Space Needle (go up). Van: Gastown, Granville Island, Stanley Park, Queen Elizabeth Park atrium (a favorite of mine). Much more at both. If you go to Victoria, get there by ferry out of Vancouver then take the hydrofoil back to Seattle and leave from the same city. Otherwise, arriving one and leaving the other might be a good idea if not too expensive. Have fun!

Old Mar 27th, 1997, 09:17 AM
SteveG

If you have a car: nobody should come here in summer without driving up to Sunrise or Paradise on Mt. Rainier, particularly if you're a lowlander! Also, see Snoqualmie Falls near Seattle. In Van: checkout Horseshoe Bay, Grouse Mountain (via expensive gondola) and Lynn Canyon suspension bridge.

Old Mar 28th, 1997, 07:41 PM
Bill

Seattle/Victoria
Just got back from a family trip.
In Seattle, a city tour is a must. Stay downtown if you can. Pike Place Market, any museums, shopping. Eats-- Wild Ginger and Assagio.
Take jet ferry to Victoria
In Victoria stay at the Empress Hotel. Do high tea, castle, Royal Museum. Food in B.C. is not up to Seattle standards but will suffice.. If you have a good vacation budget, try a sea plane tour and a visit to the Gardens.
I think Victoria is a must for the vacation

Old Apr 26th, 1997, 10:42 AM
cpleitz

My family spent 8 days in Seattle, Vancouver, Victoria, San Juan Islands, Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Ranier. Each place had its own unique features. I would not suggest omitting any stop.

Old Apr 26th, 1997, 10:44 AM
cpleitz

My family spent 8 days in Seattle, Vancouver, Victoria, San Juan Islands, Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Ranier. Each place had its own unique features. I would not suggest omitting any stop.