Reload this Page >

Seattle to Vancouver

Search

Seattle to Vancouver

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24th, 2002, 09:20 AM
Amy

Seattle to Vancouver

In June, I will be in Seattle. How can I get to Vancouver to catch a tour boat to Alaska? A van from the airport has been suggested but it is about 4 hours. Any ferries?

Old Feb 24th, 2002, 11:02 AM
John

There are no ferries because both cities are on the mainland, connected by a perfectly good freeway. Your choices are rental car with high daily rate in lieu of a big international drop fee, (driving time 3 hours plus border hassles) Amtrak (1 train per day, around 4 hours), Quick Shuttle bus, also around 4 hours, Greyhound from Seattle (4 hours plus visits to lovely Greyhound waiting rooms) and connector flights. The car may be the cheapest if more than one person is traveling, plus you can see something of the country in the area. Northbound border delays are presently not bad, southbound up to 3 hours if you're unlucky.

Old Feb 24th, 2002, 07:40 PM
Prue

Amy,
We travelled by train when we did the trip in September last year - very enjoyable - hassle free - and even got to see a movie.

Old Feb 24th, 2002, 09:19 PM
ALF

The Quick Shuttle bus goes between SeaTac and Vancouver Airport, with stops or connections to both downtowns and the cruise ship terminal (http://www.quickcoach.com/). The Amtrack, as mentioned, is also a good choice to get between downtown Seattle and downtown Vancouver. It will then be a short cab ride to the cruise ship dock.
The only ferry that you could take from Seattle ends up in Victoria (http://www.victoriaclipper.com/), and you would have to transfer to a B.C. Ferry to get from there to Vancouver. A fun trip if you have the time, but not a very efficient or inexpensive way to Vancouver.

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 08:08 AM
Phil

I just did this trek. Take Amtrak. Its WONDERFUL and stress free. It was also cheap and convenient. We LOVED it.