Seattle stop over

Jul 16th, 2001, 04:29 PM
Mary D

Seattle stop over

Any suggestions! We are going to Victoria via Seattle and on our return we will have only one night from 3:00 pm to 12:00 noon the following day to check out Seattle. With such a short amount of time what would you suggest? What time is Pike Market open? And for a good restaurant - (seafood is a favorite) where would you go for supper) and any suggestion to listen to some music? Wish we could stay longer - maybe next time!!!!!!!!!.

Jul 16th, 2001, 08:16 PM
John

Mary, the Pike Market opens early in the morning, and is a great place for breakfast - many locals' favorite time. The evening before, there are a ton of good restaurants in the downtown/waterfront area offering decent seafood, and Pioneer Square has a number of cafes and bars with good music, or of course there are numerous musical offerings of all types all over town. You might check out the Seattle Weekly http://www.seattleweekly.com/ for detailed calendars and offerings, as well as good restaurant reviews.

Jul 16th, 2001, 10:01 PM
ldsant

Is this a duplicate post? I swear this was answered in the last month. I never suggest this, but you may want to do a search on this board - there were quite a few suggestions provided to someone who asked this same question. Enjoy your stay.

Jul 17th, 2001, 07:20 AM
lexie

Try the spaceneedle! I thinks its pricey, but the restaraunt rotates and you get a great view!

Jul 17th, 2001, 11:32 AM
gail

I disagree with the Space Needle. It is very expensive and mediocre. What is it that many places with such a great view are not very good? We usually have a drink and wander then venture somewhere else to eat.

Jul 17th, 2001, 12:04 PM
Polly

Suggest you try the Space Needle in the afternoon for the view, then find a good restaurant someplace else for the food. But if you can't see the top of the Space Needle, you alsowon't get a good view from up there. Pike's Place Market is a wonderful resource for locals who have ready use for fresh seafood, produce and flowers, but (in my humble opinion) it is over-rated as a tourist stop. I used to recommend Kerry Park at night to view the skyline of the city, but friends just returned and informed me that with the 'energy crisis', lights in the buildings are turned off at nite. Sigh.

Jul 17th, 2001, 02:30 PM
Sqidgie

I just returned yesterday from a visit to Seattle -- took an extra day off to do laundry! We had the benefit of some lovely sunny weather on Friday and Saturday.

Anyway, two seafood restaurants we ate at, both with views of the water, were Cutters, 2001 Western Ave (across street from Pike Place) and Ray's Boathouse in North Seattle.

Cutters was very good and right outside were dozens of people lining the sidewalk to view the sunset (which never materialized, but gives you an idea of its prime location).

I like Ray's better -- food was excellent but no better than Cutters, but the atmosphere was a little nicer and being farther North it was literally right on the water. The only drawback it you'll have to get the address from its website and then plug it in to Map Quest, because it's roughly 10 miles North of the city and tricky to find (caused a fight between hungry hubby and me!).

Enjoy!