Seattle Park and fly

Search

Seattle Park and fly

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seattle Park and fly

We are driving across Canada and the Us in September..Flying from Seattle to Honolulu...Need a safe place to leave our car and spend the night while we enjoy Hawaii..any recommendations would be great.
Old Apr 29th, 2007, 01:34 PM
HKP

Sadly, I would be quite wary of leaving your car anywhere near the airport -- beware of any facility with "International Drive" address. You might want to consider staying at some distance and getting a taxi/shuttle to and from. The security in parking lots near SeaTac is notoriously bad -- you risk vandalism or outright theft. Sorry.
Old Apr 29th, 2007, 03:02 PM

Huh, I've been parking at various lots near Seatac at least 3-4 times a year for 20 years now, and have never had a problem (and I'm someone who is really bad about leaving tons of stuff visible in my car, too). I had no idea the lots were supposed to be "notorious". I've never heard of any friends having a problem either and most of them park in lots at the airport when they travel as well. I'm not saying theft doesn't happen, I'm sure it does, but I guess I'm just wondering how widespread the problem really is.

Many of the Seatac hotels have park and fly programs and I personally wouldn't hesitate to use one at a reputable chain. If you just want a place to park, I've been mostly using Seatacpark.com in the last few years, mainly because they have fast and frequent shuttles from the airport to the lot. But they also advertise good security FWIW.
Old Apr 29th, 2007, 03:08 PM

I think most of the hotels in the Seatac area have a stay and fly deal. We have stayed at the Doubletree, Holiday Inn and a couple of others when we fly out of Seatac. Most of the hotels give you a week free if you spend one night but we have been gone for 3 weeks and just spent one night. They all have deals. We have never had a problem with vandalism either.
Old Apr 29th, 2007, 03:17 PM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
Agree w/NWWanderer - never a problem at any lot at SEA that I've used over the years, and I've used quite a few. I also like Seatacpark, for the frequent shuttles and the frequent discount coupons available online.