Seattle: Hotel Monaco v Westin Seattle

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2006, 06:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We'll be travelling to seattle in 1st wk of August. Im trying to decide bet hotel monaco and westin..which one is better? I am travelling with husband and 6 yr old daughter..thanks!
Old May 8th, 2006, 07:05 PM

Check out reviews on the web at TripAdvisor, for example.

Determine the convenience of the location depending upon where you plan to be going during your visit.

Are the rates the same?
Old May 8th, 2006, 07:11 PM

Wow. Both would be great.

One of my favorite vacation days was lounging in a great room at the Westin, watching the clouds move around with the Space Needle peeking out above it all. It looked like something out of the Jetsons! You can't beat their Heavenly Bed - and you'd probably have a bigger room at the Westin.

But, the Monaco in San Fran is maybe my favorite hotel ever and I will definitely stay at the Monaco in Seattle on my next trip. I just love the vibe of the Kimpton group hotels. They do have queen/queen rooms and they should be plenty roomy.

The Monaco is closer to Pike's Market so...I'd choose the Monaco. But, you can't go wrong with either one.
Old May 9th, 2006, 06:41 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I vote the Monaco. The Westin appears a bit dated to me. That said, I'm local so have never stayed at either one! whadda I know?
Old May 9th, 2006, 08:04 AM

Consider either the Alexis or Inn at the Market. Both are really conveniently located [close to bus "free zone", Pike Mkt, the wonderful library, the ball park and shopping -- and check out the Underground Tour]] We stayed at both and didn't rent a car...we walked or used public transportation. We even took the bus to Needle! And if you like music...check out Rock and Roll Experience.

We were there 2nd week of August last year and it was terrific!
Debi
Old May 9th, 2006, 08:22 AM

LOL suze, you will have to start staying in hotels on weekends

We love any Kimpton hotel we stay in, so that would be my criteria in making this choice.
Old May 9th, 2006, 10:46 AM

I was a local when we stayed at the Westin, lol! It was for large group functions. Anyway, they have just recently done a major remodel and our rooms have been very nice, never a problem. I have not stayed at the Monoco, so can't comment.

When we returned this fall, we stayed at the Alexis and loved it. Both the Alexis and Westin are very easy walking distance of most everything, and based on our experiences at both, would recommend either.
Old May 9th, 2006, 11:27 AM

Well sure, if we get to start making other nominations(!) Inn at the Market, The Mayflower Park Hotel, Hotel Andra, Hotel Max.
Old May 9th, 2006, 01:00 PM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
The Monaco will provide your daughter with a pet goldfish for the duration of your stay. The Westin will provide her with... uh...
Old May 10th, 2006, 11:45 AM
Original Poster

Sounds like a toss up.. Thank you for all the feedback. One thing I found out though - Monaco doesnt have a pool..so I am leaning towards more on Westin..thank you again
Old May 10th, 2006, 11:54 AM

Oh, the requirements for a pool will definitely help to narrow down your choices. None of the hotels I suggested have one.
Old May 10th, 2006, 04:44 PM

The Westin is nice--the views from the upper level rooms are spectacular. They have the heavenly beds, which IMO truly are heavenly. Their bathrooms are a little small, however.

The Hotel Monaco is a little too "circus" in the decor for my taste. Lots of bold patterns and bright colors. Some might call it fun. To me, circus/clown scary.

My current favorite hotel is the Grand Hyatt. Location is terrific--right across the street from Pacific Place (shopping/dining) and a downhill walk to the market. Bathrooms are HUGE and luxurious. Decor is understated and masculine (no pink/blue floral prints).