Search

Seattle Hotel Help

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3rd, 2005, 09:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seattle Hotel Help

Hey all. I'm going to be in Seattle next month for a combined business/leaisure trip, and based on past experience I think the Seattle Center area offers the best combo of downtown access and cheap parking. The Comfort Suites and the Holiday Inn on Dexter are available for about the same rate - as I've never stayed at either, I was hoping someone with direct experience could recommend one over the other.

Thanks - Dan
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 08:51 PM

I'm not familiar with either, but you might also check out tripadviser.com.
Old Sep 9th, 2005, 08:44 AM

We stayed at the Best Western Pioneer square hotel when we visited Seattle in 2000. They have a covered parking nearby at a reasonable price. Dont forget to eat at McCormic and smickls on First avenue. Great seafood. Paul
Old Sep 11th, 2005, 05:18 PM

Hi--We stayed at the Silver Cloud Inn on Lake Union last summer. Very good breakfast, nice location--if you don't mind a slightly long walk you could walk to Seattle Center from there, but they also have a shuttle. Not terribly expensive, clean, and they had a pool. I'm envious--love Seattle!

PC
Old Sep 11th, 2005, 08:35 PM

Try the Queen Anne
www.inatqueenanne.com
Good location for you .small hotel, clean and often have "specials" on their internet site. the ones you mentioned are O.K. but you would enjoy Queen Anne more. I have stayed there many times and never disappointed
Good luck..
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 11:49 PM

I've stayed at both the Holiday Inn Express and the Best Western Executive Inn at Seattle Center. I much prefer the Executive Inn over the Holiday Inn Express. The Holiday Inn Express has incredibly hard-hard beds, thin walls, and a rather growley staff. The BW Executive Inn has always been clean and quiet and the staff has alway been very nice, but the beds still kind of firm. The restaurant is also really good. My most recent stay there was booked through Expedia, for around $95, (with free secure parking) which is not a bad rate for downtown Seattle on a weekday in September. The BW Executive Inn location is very easy to find, just aim for the Space needle, it is right below it.
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 11:39 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Don't know how prices compare but the Mediterranean hotel has gotten good comments here recently. It's right across from the northwest corner of Seattle Center.
Old Sep 18th, 2005, 09:21 AM

A strong vote for the Mediterranean Inn. Since the weather is going to be cooler, presumably, you probably could get by without air conditioning. The windows actually OPEN--what a concept! And I've seen Internet specials for $99 for those rooms. For ten or 20 more you can get the sixth floor with a/c and views of the water. They have a sink and small fridge and microwave in the room, a wonderful view from the roof top, a free business center, parking under the hotel, a Starbucks off the lobby and best location I could imagine. 10-15 min walk to Seattle Center.

Vera
Old Sep 18th, 2005, 09:48 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Actually it's even closer than that. It is barely 2 blocks if you use an entrance at the NW corner of Seattle Center! Also a QFC (groceries) same 2 blocks away.