Seattle Hotel Choice

Search

Seattle Hotel Choice

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5th, 2023, 08:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seattle Hotel Choice

Hi all - family of three visiting Seattle in August. Have choice of staying at the Sheraton Grand or Maxwell Stay Pineapple. Would like to be walkable to major tourist sites (Pike Place, Space Needle, etc) but also not in an area that empties at night.
has anyone stayed at these? Opinions?
Old Aug 5th, 2023, 08:55 AM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
The Sheraton is located in the middle of everything; the Maxwell is closer to Seattle Center (Space Needle, Chihuly etc.) but not downtown attractions like the Pike Place market. Neither area "empties out" at night. How many nights will you be here?

From the Sheraton it's a 4-minute walk to the downtown monorail terminal, which will take you to the foot of the Space Needle and Chihuly exhibit, and a 7-minute walk to the Pike Place market.
Old Aug 5th, 2023, 11:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks gardyloo. I liked The Maxwell’s quirkiness but the Sheraton seems a more convenient location. I was worried if it was a business area that it would be sketchy at night but it sounds like there should be plenty of activity
Old Aug 9th, 2023, 09:31 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Just saw this post. Gardyloo's got you covered

The Sheraton is a much more convenient location on foot. Way closer to the Pike Place Market, waterfront, etc. Maxwell is to the north on Queen Anne, technically outside of the downtown core. I do not think of one area being any more or less "sketchy" than the other.
suze, in seattle