Seattle - Hotel Andra or Vintage Park

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18th, 2004, 05:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a reservation at the Hotel Vintage Park in a Premier King (upper floor, larger room) but just read about the Hotel Andra. I might be able to get a suite for almost the same rate. I will be there for touristy things like wandering around the Pike's Peak Market, hitting Nordstrom's, etc., and enjoying fine dining.
Which hotel would be better located. Has anyone heard direct reports about the rooms and service at the Andra yet? Any advice?
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 06:46 AM
Original Poster

Make that "Pike Place Market."
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 08:06 AM

The H. Andra is on 4th Ave. in the Belltown area, closer to the Pike Place Market, while the H. Vintage Park is located on 5th Ave. above the new library. Either would be a good location, but the H. Andra has fewer hills to climb. The Vintage Park is a boutique hotel, a bit more luxurious than the Andra and would be my personal choice.

Another hotel you might consider would be the "Inn at the Market" which is located in the Pike Place Market itself. It has terrific view of Pudget Sound and is one of the premier boutique hotels in the city.

Regarding dinning. Make sure you check out the Harvest Vine on Madison. You'll need to take a taxi since it's on the other side of First Hill heading toward Lake Washington. The Harvest Vine offers some of the best Basque Cuisine in the country and is one of the top rated restaurants in Seattle.
Old Aug 22nd, 2004, 09:14 PM
Original Poster

Is the Andra part of a chain?
Old Aug 23rd, 2004, 06:53 AM

The indication is that the Andra is a privately held company, but you can contact them directly to see if they are associated with any other hotels in the area or around the country.

(http://www.hotelandra.com/sitemap.aspx)
Old Aug 25th, 2004, 07:54 PM

Hotel Andra is a much better option for you based on my knowledge of hotels and their location in Seattle as well as what you are looking for. Much more contemporary unless you want "vintage" style. Andra is new and has a great location, many top restaurants within walking distance and the rooms are definitely larger and very plush.
Let me know if you have any other questions as I have stayed at both hotels.
Old Aug 25th, 2004, 08:28 PM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
The Andra is not a new hotel, but an extensive remodel of an older one with many fewer stars than the Andra now offers.

For tourists the Andra's location is somewhat better, closer to the tourist sites, while the VP is better located for offices and business visitors. The exception is the VP's proximity to Seattle's amazing new central library, a new must-see in the city.