Sea/ Tac Airport Hotels?? Please help

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28th, 2003, 01:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have a very early flight leaving Seattle Airport, and want to stay in a hotel as close as possible to the airport, IS this area safe and any specific recommendations?? We have to return a rental car as well before flying out. Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 28th, 2003, 02:30 PM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
The Marriott, Wyndham, Radisson, Hilton, Red Lion, and Doubletree all ought to be fine, most available through Priceline for $40 or so most nights. The area is not unsafe per se but not conducive to walking around - busy strip with the usual parking lots, rental car places, all that.

Lose the car the night before and use the hotel's free shuttle - they all have them; they'll pick you up in the airport at the shuttle bus zone upstairs from where you dropped the car. You'll save time and money.
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 10:30 AM

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn at SeaTac last year. It was brand new and very nice. I have stayed in several Fairfield Inns, and this one was MUCH NICER than any others I have tried. I can't speak to the safety of the area, but the rooms in the Fairfield are all interior access, so there shouldn't be a problem.
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 09:05 PM

I've stayed at the Seatac airport hotels quite a bit. Had good luck and excellent prices using Priceline and Hotwire. Going in Feb and have a room at the Doubletree for 32/night plus tax with Priceline. Recently stayed at Hilton, and Holiday Inn, recommend both, very near airport and have shuttles.
Old Jan 11th, 2004, 06:55 PM

How about decent eating places in these facilities? We will be overnighting for an am flight, so won't have a car. Looking for a nice dining experience, preferably, over a burger and fries. Any around/in these?

thanks!
Old Feb 17th, 2004, 03:14 AM

Answering back to my own post above: We stayed at the Wyndham Hotel and found the rooms to be modern and spacious. Literally across the street from the airport it takes the shuttle about 5 minutes to get you there.

While the hotel restaurant looks acceptable, the place to dine is next door at 13 Coins-exceptional food and it is open 24/7.
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 07:42 PM

I always stay at Wynham Garden. My last trip (on my way to Taiwan in January), I even got a room for only $60! (thanks to stiff competition, you can get good rates now--this place used to cost mid-100's) And really, these are really nice rooms (I am a five-star kind of person). AND it is not just across the street from the airport--but within walking distance, if you can believe that. Just go down to the baggage claim level, go outside, turn right and keep on walking. It's like 5 minutes.

Then, I always eat at 13 Coin Restaurant which is in the building adjacent (west or to the right) of Wyndham Garden. You will be surprised with the quality of food AND it is open 24 hours! When someone first suggested this restaurant to me, I didn't go, thinking this is just a 24 hr coffee shop. Boy--was I ever wrong.